Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYR] Rangers re-sign JT Miller (2 yr, $2.75M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Made no sense paying 4 mill for him longterm right now. Not sure he will become a 50+ point player or 30 goalscorer regularly. Hopefully he will. He had a great season but still only scored 43 points. I know he is only 23 but still, he is nothing more than a good middle 6 forward atm. Very solid twoway game helps him alot.
I dont like bridge deals for the next best young players because they most likely will always turn into 50+ point players. The best guys(Mcdavid, Eichel etc) its an easy decision to lock them up. Miller is behind the next best young players(like Stepan was) and he can turn into a 60+ great twoway player but he could also stop developing like Kreider has done. I like this deal for us.

Didnt like the bridge Stepan got. He is one of the next best guys who you should lock up early because than his cap hit would have been 1 mill less. He has earned what he has now but if our management used their brain, they should have locked him up earlier to get a little lower cap hit. Its not a bad contract but if you can get him 1 mill lower, you do it earlier.

Last edited:

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Kind of glad we didn't offer a big deal and lock him up long. His shooting percentage last year was stupid.

dashripdot

Jul 18, 2010
True, trading for time to whittle down Nash, DG, and Staal I suppose. That being said, good price for 2 years. We'll have to give him 5 mil in 2 yrs if he continues his development on pace.

Figure Hayes will get 2 mil and Mac 1.25 for 2 yrs. Krieder is the wild card.

McIlrath should still be less than $1 mil. Hayes owes the Rangers money for that performance last year. He shouldn't get $2 mil until he gets back to doing what he was doing in his rookie year.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
McIlrath should still be less than $1 mil. Hayes owes the Rangers money for that performance last year. He shouldn't get $2 mil until he gets back to doing what he was doing in his rookie year.

:laugh: I agree! He was beyond awful last year. He looked like he was dogging it most nights. He pissed me off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad