Confirmed Trade: [NYR/PIT] Riley Smith to Rangers for 2027 2nd, 2025 5th

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
It's moreso Pittsburgh's bleak future and ruderless direction than this specific move.
Its the cost of 3 cups (almost 4) and being insanely competitive for the majority of a 20 year span. This is my life long team. But eventually the bill has to be paid for all that success. I hate seeing it, but is what it is. I will take the cups and memories.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
If that happens Im not spending another dollar or minute of my time on the Pens until Trouba and Dubas are gone.

Same. I’d be pretty much done with them entirely.

Signing that brainless f***ing cretin would be a huge slap in the face considering all the concussion/neck issues we fans dealt with in Sid’s prime. Not to mention the very uncertainty of his career/if he would even play again at one time…

Reactions: Extra Texture

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
"LOLZ, more like KyLe DUMBASS amiright or am I right!?"

I can’t believe I got to 25 posts without reading that.

Dubas just wasting away some of Crosby's still good years.
Dude, its over. A year ago I thought like you.

They're on a slow decline, there will be no major changes coming, and Crosby's "still good years" will be spent as one multi-season nostalgia/accolades parade for him and Malkin/Letang. If there was an interest in still competing, there would be accountability for failure, and that isnt happening because this coach will still be here in 2040.

Last edited:

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Didn't really work out in Pittsburgh but he should be a decent 2nd/3rd line winger for the Rangers.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Smith didn’t fit in with the Pens. Glad to move on from him.
He did fit, just decided that he didn't want to be there. I'm sure he'll be happy in NY, until he is no longer happy and starts the crap again. He's a good player though.

I'm glad we were able to get something decent for him.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
A 2027 2nd is a weird return or ask by Dubas. Why not a 2025 or 2026 pick? A 2027 2nd rd pick is likely to play in the NHL in 2030 Sid and Malkin will long be retired by then.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
The Rangers don't have a 2025 or 2026 2nd.
A 2027 2nd pick has little value today. That's 3 drafts away while Dubas traded a 3rd pick this draft for a 5M caphit that didn't turn out. Hard to give him credit here, when he made a bad trade, lost a pick this draft for a pick 3 years from now. Dubas is just a bad GM.

• Haha
Reactions: sanscosm

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
A 2027 2nd pick has little value today. That's 3 drafts away while Dubas traded a 3rd pick this draft for a 5M caphit that didn't turn out. Hard to give him credit here, when he made a bad trade, lost a pick this draft for a pick 3 years from now. Dubas is just a bad GM.

That's stupid. He turned a 3rd into one year of Smith, a 2nd and a 5th. Saying that's bad value for him is just stupid.

Reactions: sanscosm

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
That's stupid. He turned a 3rd into one year of Smith, a 2nd and a 5th. Saying that's bad value for him is just stupid.
Unless Dubas can read the future, which I doubt, that 2nd in 2027 may be better than the 3rd he gave up this draft. We won't know. Still it made no sense helping out Vegas in a cap crunch and paying them a 3rd, and taking on 5M for a player that flopped. Dubas is just bad. I don't see him deserving much credit here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad