Proposal: Nyr-njd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bfaust30

Dec 25, 2015
Marc Staal --> 2017 3rd rounder + 5th rounder. Rangers need picks and Devils need better defense with Larsson now gone. Staal is a top 4 just with a bad contract. New Jersey has the space and helps both teams.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
NJ isn't doing this. Let's stop trying to unload our crap on teams that don't need it. They have Greene, Merrill, and J. Moore as LD.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
sure

retain close to half and get it in writing that he will waive his NMC for the expansion draft

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Trading Staal to a division rival?

This starts with 50% retention and then NJ would probably entertain discussing another add.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
How? Have you seen NJD's defense. Top 2 is eh and then Lovejoy as a top 4.. And bottom 6 is awful. This is a boost even though it may not seem at first.

Isn't the bottom 6, you know, the entire 6?

No thank you to the proposal.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
This is so silly on multiple levels let alone the one where NJ never trades with the Rangers. They give up way too much for Staal anyway.

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
I wouldn't even do this if the third round pick was taken out, half was retained on Staal, and it was a guarantee that he would terminate his NMC for the expansion

dream43

Nov 19, 2013
I wouldn't even do this if the third round pick was taken out, half was retained on Staal, and it was a guarantee that he would terminate his NMC for the expansion

Okay that is a tad bit overboard...

His game isn't where it used to be but at 2.85 million for next 4 years for a good veteran #3-5 is pretty good for a 5th rounder (also assuming in this situation that he waves his NMC)

Hally BlackWood

Jul 31, 2010
Thunder Bay
Okay that is a tad bit overboard...

His game isn't where it used to be but at 2.85 million for next 4 years for a good veteran #3-5 is pretty good for a 5th rounder (also assuming in this situation that he waves his NMC)

we dont need a 3-5 dman we Need a top pairing dman.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Staal is a 3rd pair defenseman at this point. Even with retention, his deal is far too long for anyone to reasonably want to acquire. Rangers will have to pay to remove him.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Either NYR has to add a massive pork chop around Marc Staals neck (high pick or prospect) or retain 50% for NJD even to consider doing this to help a division rival unload a bad contract.

Its not impossible but NYR will have to pony up to move any of Girardi or Staal, and pretty dearly

Group Chat Legend*

You want a rival to help wih the cap? Sure, give us one of your best prospects

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
It's actually a good fit for both teams. I'd take a Hrabarenka tossed in a deal.

Staal paired with a guy that can beat a forecheck is a top 4 guy.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
I believe Shero will follow Lou's trend of never trading with the Rangers. Santini will make the team and I trust that Shero will make a trade. We can afford to dangle our first for starters with having two second rounders in this coming year's draft that looks weak other than the 1to 5 top players.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad