Proposal: NYR-MIN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Lets look at the 2 main pieces here Wallsted and Lindgren. The rest is kinda just filler or temporary.

Rangers LD depth is already questionable and moving Lindgren while they are a competitor would decimate them. Future goaltending is the last thing Rangers need to look into

On the other hand for Minnesota Defense is arguably the last thing they need to add. Whereas Wallsted is their future in net.

rest of it is an honest discussion; the bold is wrong and our LD depth is very strong

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Okay, this is what I wanted to hear from legit Wild fans. Could Lindy as a core + for Wallstedt work, or does MIN want to hold Wallstedt for later.

Presuming most of Wild agree with @AKL then fine, offer withdrawn and continue thread w/"Something around Strome for Greenway+picks".

Most Wild fans probably won't agree with me that Greenway could/should be traded in season. I think if we do trade for a center at the deadline, we'll need to drop someone off the roster anyway, so why not Greenway if it can help keep the amount of futures we include down.

But yeah, our top prospects, Boldy, Rossi, Lambos, Wallstedt are complete non-starters.

Reactions: bernmeister

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Wallstedt was a gift for Wild to drop that far no way they help the Rangers with their future net issues....They can't keep Strome either with their cap issues....Wild would be crazy to do this deal.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
The Rangers don't have anyone who is ready to replace Lindgren. Maybe Robertson can at some point in the future, but that day isn't today. We are trying to win now, not 3 years from now.

Strome is our starting 2nd line center. Who is replacing him? The picks mean nothing. We don't need a bunch of 3rd round picks spread over 3 drafts. The condition doesn't make it much better, as the pick is 3 years out. Again, we are trying to win now. Besides that, teams can no longer put a condition on a pick based on whether or not the player re-signs.

Wallstedt is a good prospect, but not one we need as long as we have Shesterkin. Wall has shown nothing to this point to suggest he can be an NHL backup. He has spent the majority of his time this year in the ECHL and his numbers are less than impressive.

You seriously need to rethink your entire approach. We aren't trading players who are key contributors this year for a prospect who might be a backup goalie for us in a couple years, before we eventually trade him for the next shiny prospect who catches your eye.

Do you actually want to see the Rangers win, or do you just want to collect prospects forever?

will not deep dive on this now, perhaps later.
In short.
NY can NOT RETAIN Strome. That is math. Stop w/stupid self rental.
I want NY to be ahead of the curve.
Do you remember how we stupid went win now and traded Mattias Norstrum [sp?] for Robatille, if I remember?
We can deal vets for youth or youth for youth, we cannot add vets.

I want our max window deep w/youth which = cost control = roster flexibility and not stupid short term overreach.
More people need to come to this way of thinking, not the instant gratification overreach which usually fails, esp if measured long term

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
Most Wild fans probably won't agree with me that Greenway could/should be traded in season. I think if we do trade for a center at the deadline, we'll need to drop someone off the roster anyway, so why not Greenway if it can help keep the amount of futures we include down.

But yeah, our top prospects, Boldy, Rossi, Lambos, Wallstedt are complete non-starters.

I do

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Once Shesterkin went down for those three weeks, Georgiev in those 12 games played is 5-5-1 with a .921 sv%. That's good for any goaltender.
yes but my pt remains
he was THAT good b'c he got starter mins, which are not usually available b'c they properly go to Shesty. If we keep Geo and Shesty is not injured, then Geo plays other mins and is not as sharp, that is what history shows. So move Goo now.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
will not deep dive on this now, perhaps later.
In short.
NY can NOT RETAIN Strome. That is math. Stop w/stupid self rental.
I want NY to be ahead of the curve.
Do you remember how we stupid went win now and traded Mattias Norstrum [sp?] for Robatille, if I remember?
We can deal vets for youth or youth for youth, we cannot add vets.

I want our max window deep w/youth which = cost control = roster flexibility and not stupid short term overreach.
More people need to come to this way of thinking, not the instant gratification overreach which usually fails, esp if measured long term

So you don't care about winning. Good to know. Carry on.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Do you truly consider Miller - Nemeth - Hajak a serviceable left side for a playoff run this year?
Our right side for now is Fox-Trouba-Schneider
That frees up both Jones [lefty shot] and Nils L [righty shot], both of who play either side, to go left as well.
So to answer ?, those 2 + KAM w/relief by Hajek. Nemeth not so much in the playoffs but eat mins vs lesser competitin til then, ok

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
So you don't care about winning. Good to know. Carry on.
I care about winning as much as possible for as long as possible. That objective realized by keeping quality roster deep as long as possible, which is not by short term overreaches that have consequences.
I always figured you were too smart for that trap. Am I wrong? Do you not concur Norstrum [sp?] was a collossal blunder? Not to be repeated??!!!

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
thanks for your feedback. Want to see how many MIN fans think this helps now enuf and going forward to justify moving him or not.
Go back and work on Needlessly Complicated & Convoluted Trade Proposal, V2, and leave Wallstedt out of it. It might have escaped your notice, but MN not only has 5 of their 7 present Dman as LHD, but also have 4 nice LHD prospects in Lambos(Canada u20), Ryan O'Rourke(CAN u20), Peart(USA u20), Daemon Hunt(left off Canada u20 due to injury, would've made it otherwise). You are selling coals to Newcastle.

Counterproposal. Greenway for Schneider.

StateOfHockey101

May 19, 2015
This is literally the WORST trade proposal I've ever seen on here...

I feel bad that you spent so much time on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad