Proposal: Nyr-fla

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Juggernaut27

#CatsHasCupNow?
Apr 29, 2014
Vancouver
is Matheson that good ?

Short answer? Yes.

Skates incredibly well. Offense is there. Defense needs some adjustments but imho it's only going to take him this year to get himself oriented in the pro game. Having two RD like Ek and Demers to partner with and a very good mentor in Yandle shouldn't hurt, either.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
You guys dont honestly think Nash is worth anywhere close to that much at this point, do you?

- 1 year removed from a 42-goal season
- Only 31 years old
- Missed 22 games with a bone bruise, but still got 36 points
- Plays all 3 zones

We traded Gaborik in 2013 for Brassard, Dorsett and J. Moore. Gaborik at the time was older, had worse stats, was one-dimensional and his cap-hit was higher (compared to the cap)

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
- 1 year removed from a 42-goal season
- Only 31 years old
- Missed 22 games with a bone bruise, but still got 36 points
- Plays all 3 zones

We traded Gaborik in 2013 for Brassard, Dorsett and J. Moore. Gaborik at the time was older, had worse stats, was one-dimensional and his cap-hit was higher (compared to the cap)

Not getting that for Nash. Horrible contract, and a year is a long time.
Matheson is one of our top prospects and a first? Lol

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008

could probably get the 1st and a decent 3rd line prospect but matheson is too important to FLA 's long range plains. plus hes waiver exempt and cost controlled. I think nash would be a filthy addition to the panthers top 6 by the way though. this would be the type of trade that bites the rangers directly in the a$$ come playoff time too

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
4 years ago.

Panthers are bad, lets raid their roster for expendables.

Present.

Panthers are good, lets raid their roster for expendables.

Aight then.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
?

Ekblad
Demers
Petrovic
Pysyk
Kampfer

Right defense.

Matheson will play in Florida this year. Kindl on the bottom pair.

Matheson is left shot.

Trading him away would create two pairs with both righties, unless Kindl steps in (please no) or McCoshen gets called up which then pushes one of Petrovic or Pysyk to 2nd pair with demers.

Yeah...no.

Not to mention it's still possible Matheson is paired with Eks.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Matheson is left shot.

Trading him away would create two pairs with both righties, unless Kindl steps in (please no) or McCoshen gets called up which then pushes one of Petrovic or Pysyk to 2nd pair with demers.

Yeah...no.

Not to mention it's still possible Matheson is paired with Eks.

I understand that.

Yandle-Ekblad
Matheson-Demers
Kindl-Petrovic
Kampfer

And Matheson and Ekblad would make a good pair IMO.

So would Yandle and Petrovic

That leaves Kindl and Demers

Kampfer the extra.

Also, they still get Graves.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
I understand that.

Yandle-Ekblad
Matheson-Demers
Kindl-Petrovic
Kampfer

And Matheson and Ekblad would make a good pair IMO.

So would Yandle and Petrovic

That leaves Kindl and Demers

Kampfer the extra.

Also, they still get Graves.
Kindl and Kampfer are #7 D-man. if either are playing consistently in the top 6, the panthers are in trouble.

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
That d core is SCF caliber in 2-3 seasons. Congrats Cats fans, scary team and my favorite top pairing in the East with Yandle-Ekblad. If u guys added Nash, that would be a nightmare to play against. He's crazy versatile 6'4" and is a savage scorer and responsible in all zones. I wanna keep him.

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Kindl and Kampfer are #7 D-man. if either are playing consistently in the top 6, the panthers are in trouble.

It's an aside, but last year Kampfer played pretty well on the third pairing. Not a dominating player by any means, but he's a serviceable defenseman.

As to the trade, I could see acquiring Nash or a similar player at the deadline. Although, I can't see Matheson as a piece Florida ships out.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
It's an aside, but last year Kampfer played pretty well on the third pairing. Not a dominating player by any means, but he's a serviceable defenseman.

As to the trade, I could see acquiring Nash or a similar player at the deadline. Although, I can't see Matheson as a piece Florida ships out.

He is serviceable in his role. As a 7th defenseman.

He needs to be 100% healthy to be an effective player. You can't stay healthy if you are playing every other night. He is good in stretches but breaks down when asked to play a lot. That's why he fits perfectly as a #7. He can come in for a game if someone is banged up or can play for a couple weeks to let someone heal from an injury. He is not suited to play every game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad