Proposal: Nyr-fla

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
Maybe not at the TDL, but if Jagr retires and the Rangers want some flexibility going into the Expansion Draft, I can see the Panthers trading for Nash next summer as he enters the final year of his contract. Even then, I doubt they're going to want to send Matheson the other way.

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
Maybe not at the TDL, but if Jagr retires and the Rangers want some flexibility going into the Expansion Draft, I can see the Panthers trading for Nash next summer as he enters the final year of his contract. Even then, I doubt they're going to want to send Matheson the other way.

Jagr will never retire, the guy's going to play forever!

Dabeast

Jun 13, 2014
South Florida
Hard pass. Matheson is likely going to be the 2nd pairing LHD, so they would be gutting the D depth and giving up a 1st for a winger who isn't needed.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
Hard pass. Matheson is likely going to be the 2nd pairing LHD, so they would be gutting the D depth and giving up a 1st for a winger who isn't needed.

Exactly. Panthers will be in a great position going into the expansion draft, in that they'll be able to "protect" their top FIVE defensemen: using the protection spots on Ekblad, Yandle and Demers; Matheson is exempt; and Vegas can only take one of Pysyk/Petrovic. Cats should never consider moving Matheson - I would assume they see him the same way the Rangers see Skjei, and I can't imagine NYR moving him for an older winger during a playoff push. Okay, maybe in the past, but now now under Gorton. ;)

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I'd want Zucs for that package but would still have a hard time letting Matheson go. He is our best defense prospect and very cost controlled for the next little while.

No to Nash for me. I'll wait until he's a free agent if need be, Jagr still has another year in him and Smith could be tried on a top line when #68 shuts it down. We need that $$ for Huberdeau this upcoming off-season.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Matheson is seen as a big part of the future for the Panthers. He's been developed properly and he's played well. He's not going anywhere. Especially for that.

Have no interest in Nash, and he won't garner much, if anything.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Matheson is already going to be relied on a lot, and he's still very young. Should tell you how much he means to the organization right now...while they're trying to win the cup.
Why would we give him up on top of a 1st round pick just to get older to try and win the cup?

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Matheson + 2nd for Nash (20% retained) sounds more reasonable.

It's crazy how many people here think a healthy 30 goal player who is great in all 3 zones has fallen off a cliff. He has injury problems, sure, but when he's got it together he's a first line player.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Panthers won't trade Matheson, McCoshen + 1st for Nash with 2 million retained and that's entirely dependent on Nash's output

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I meant are you getting 14/15 Nash or 15/16 Nash.

sarcasmdetectorsimpsons2.jpg

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
McCoshen
Florida 1st 2017
Pysyk

For

Nash( 2 million retained)
Graves

So the panthers open up a hole in their defense by trading Pysyk and also send the next guy up in the pipeline to fill that hole. Don't think this one is going to happen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad