Speculation: NYR & DET working on Jacob Trouba trade (Brooks)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
He definitely could do this but its also a big risk. I would bet hes more likely to do a mix of teams with a few he would be willing to go to. Detroit is home for him, and very close to New York if his wife is going to stay there. If you leave them off your list intentionally theres a chance you end up in Utah or San Jose instead.

Unfortunate for him but its pro sports. If you want to make 8 shmill a year to play hockey its a risk you take. And if your wive's career is so important, you also have the option to retire and support her.

He would definitely imrove Detroits D. Some people in this thread forget his pairing played the hardest minutes on the Presidents trophy winning team this year and almost 22 mins a night.
I like the deal for Detroit if there’s retention without giving up a good young asset. I agree leaving a Detroit on may be the best choice for him to accept.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I like the deal for Detroit if there’s retention without giving up a good young asset. I agree leaving a Detroit on may be the best choice for him to accept.
Can either be retention or sending back a player. Be it a Matta, Petry, Holl or someone to help offset the cap charge of $8 mill.
Trouba can be traded as his NMC goes to only a MNTC.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Michael Brandsegg-Nygard or Bust.
May 11, 2023
The way NYR fans have gone psycho over speculation by a reporter and an agent that’s not even Trouba’s agent, is insane.

Neither Trouba NOR his agent have said anything of the sort.

Detroit hasn’t agreed to a trade. Trouba hasn’t been approached to waive his NMC, unless that’s changed in the last couple of hours..

This is completely crazy how things get taken out of context because people don’t pay attention.

Rangers fans hate Trouba and want him gone. Any roadblock to that upsets them.
Many Red Wings fans (not me, but I'm weird I guess) don't want him either, so they're clinging to hope that this will stop the wheels on acquiring him.

Basically there are a lot of people who just think he's garbage and either are upset that the Rangers are getting a "get out of jail free" card if he is dealt and stories say he's using his contractual right to block it or are so apoplectic that they might have to keep their captain on their roster making 8M per year when it looked like they could be rid of him.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
I know it is a business, but at what point do other teams avoid Trouba because of his situation? He can use his NTC to block most, if not all interested teams. If you get past that hurdle do you really want to add a guy who is pissed to be there and distracted from leaving his wife and baby behind? What sort of player and teammate would you be adding to the locker room?

gump116

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
New York
Out of curiosity, what kind of contract would Trouba get if he were a UFA this year? His play isn’t at their level, but his reputation is probably around the same tier as guys like Roy, Tanev, and Walker as RHD.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Rangers fans hate Trouba and want him gone. Any roadblock to that upsets them.
Many Red Wings fans (not me, but I'm weird I guess) don't want him either, so they're clinging to hope that this will stop the wheels on acquiring him.

Basically there are a lot of people who just think he's garbage and either are upset that the Rangers are getting a "get out of jail free" card if he is dealt and stories say he's using his contractual right to block it or are so apoplectic that they might have to keep their captain on their roster making 8M per year when it looked like they could be rid of him.
Detroit holds all the power in these negotiations. Assuming there are even negotiations. They can be sitting there saying retain 30% and take Holl, or saying they want Kakko included, or a 1st Rounder as well as retention.

Detroit’s in no hurry unlike the Rangers.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Detroit holds all the power in these negotiations. Assuming there are even negotiations. They can be sitting there saying retain 30% and take Holl, or saying they want Kakko included, or a 1st Rounder as well as retention.

Detroit’s in no hurry unlike the Rangers.
This is correct. The Rangers have in all likelihood already spent the freed up cap space in the conversations leading up to July 1. They need to get a deal done and the clock keeps ticking. Negotiations always go well when you are in a hurry and badly need the money.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I've read all your posts in this thread and I am replying one final time to tell you I have no interest in your opinion on the Detroit Red Wings. Your views are embarrassing and outdated, you move the goal posts, and you are condescending. I will not waste my time replying to you again.

I've read all your posts in this thread and I am replying one final time to tell you I have no interest in your opinion on the Detroit Red Wings. Your views are embarrassing and outdated, you move the goal posts, and you are condescending. I will not waste my time replying to you again.
My views are embarrassing because I didn’t call out prospects “home runs” who didn’t play a game yet in the NHL just because they were dragged by Anderson?

Yikes.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Then he either faces a team picking him up on waivers that is a less preferred destination. Or if he clears, Drury can make him ride the bus in Hartford redden style until a deal for both parties is agreed upon.
NYR can also put him on re-entry waivers at that point, and a team might try to grab him a bit cheaper….
Whether Trouba likes it or not, his NMC changes to an MNTC by the 1st.
Time is running out on his Cinderella story….
Trouba isn't going to Hartford.
1. You can't bury payroll in the AHL anymore. It's unofficially called the "Redden" Rule.
2. He will be playing on tye Rangers roster in a 3rd pair situation. Not ideal money wise. This notion Trouba can't play anymore is dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Turkey
    KNOCKOUT Austria vs Turkey
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $15,750.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia