Speculation: NYR & DET working on Jacob Trouba trade (Brooks)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

It's possible to commit no mistakes and still lose
Nov 2, 2018
Yzerman is going to sink that franchise good grief
Lets play a game... Guess the year and GM.
Roster
8 Justin Abdelkader
72 Andreas Athanasiou
45 Jonathan Bernier
59 Tyler Bertuzzi
74 Madison Bowey
84 Jake Chelios
21 Dennis Cholowski
83 Trevor Daley
61 Jacob de La Rose
65 Danny DeKeyser
70 Christoffer Ehn
52 Jonathan Ericsson
42 Martin Frk
36 Kaden Fulcher
41 Luke Glendening
25 Mike Green
43 Darren Helm
2 Joe Hicketts
53 Taro Hirose
35 Jimmy Howard
17 Filip Hronek
3 Nick Jensen
55 Niklas Kronwall
56 Ryan Kuffner
71 Dylan Larkin
32 Brian Lashoff
39 Anthony Mantha
20 Dylan McIlrath
22 Wade Megan
51 Frans Nielsen
14 Gustav Nyquist
54 Matt Puempel
27 Michael Rasmussen
47 Libor Sulak
23 Dominic Turgeon
26 Thomas Vanek
28 Luke Witkowski
11 Filip Zadina
  • Top Prospects
Joe Veleno
Filip Zadina
Jared McIsaac
Dennis Cholowski
Filip Larsson
Jonatan Berggren
Taro Hirose
Yevgeni Svechnikov
Axel Holmström
Michael Rasmussen

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Not very. He has the right to until Monday. Come Monday, he can’t block a trade to half the league.
True.

He can also be waived, which feels a bit like Russian roulette for him given his particular personal situation.
But who is going to claim him with that contract? I think a trade with retention is a far more likely outcome, but the medical residency does complicate things.

irishlaxburger2

Jan 30, 2008
Rye, NY
True.

But who is going to claim him with that contract? I think a trade with retention is a far more likely outcome, but the medical residency does complicate things.
While I agree on the claim side, when this story first broke it was reported that the Rangers were first going to look the trade route out of respect for the player given his captaincy with the organization. How much of that is real vs lip service because a waiver claim isn’t actually realistic? I don’t know. It’s the game of chicken both sides are now playing.

NHL GMs have done far less intelligent things than claimed Jacob Trouba on waivers (see - Barclay Goodrow claim).

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
True.

Then he either faces a team picking him up on waivers that is a less preferred destination. Or if he clears, Drury can make him ride the bus in Hartford redden style until a deal for both parties is agreed upon.
NYR can also put him on re-entry waivers at that point, and a team might try to grab him a bit cheaper….
Whether Trouba likes it or not, his NMC changes to an MNTC by the 1st.
Time is running out on his Cinderella story….

Reactions: gump116

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
True.

I could see SJ claim him.

Cap hit of 8per.
Salary of 6per.

That would suck major balls for Trouba and the Mrs., OOORRRRRRRR, he accepts a trade to a team like the Wings that are thisclose to making the playoffs and competing regularly.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Not very. He has the right to until Monday. Come Monday, he can’t block a trade to half the league. He can also be waived, which feels a bit like Russian roulette for him given his particular personal situation.
Except he can do what alot of players are doing now, which is put the 15 most likely to be traded teams on his NTC and then just leave off every team with no cap space or desire to trade him.

Waivers is moot point, no team is taking the full 8 million of Trouba for free lol.

So basically, Trouba will leave off his NTC - NYI / NJD / COL / EDM / PHI / TB / CAR / TOR / BOS / VGK / WPG / WSH / MIN / FLA / VAN - All teams with ZERO interest or no cap space to take him on.

And he has now made it physically impossible for him to trade

Reactions: Petes2424

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Except he can do what alot of players are doing now, which is put the 15 most likely to be traded teams on his NTC and then just leave off every team with no cap space or desire to trade him.

Waivers is moot point, no team is taking the full 8 million of Trouba for free lol.

So basically, Trouba will leave off his NTC - NYI / NJD / COL / EDM / PHI / TB / CAR / TOR / BOS / VGK / WPG / WSH / MIN / FLA / VAN - All teams with ZERO interest or no cap space to take him on.

Except all of Canada is likely already on his list.
After that, it’s anyone’s guess. I’d wager he’d like to stay on the east coast if possible.
Him and his wife spend offseason living in Florida, probably largely for tax breaks.
A bunch of athletes/rich folks use that loophole

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
Then he either faces a team picking him up on waivers that is a less preferred destination. Or if he clears, Drury can make him ride the bus in Hartford redden style until a deal for both parties is agreed upon.
NYR can also put him on re-entry waivers at that point, and a team might try to grab him a bit cheaper….
Re-entry waivers haven't existed in the NHL since the '12 lockout.

irishlaxburger2

Jan 30, 2008
Rye, NY

How many times do Devils fans have to be wrong about another team taking a God awful Rangers contract before they stop making these proclamations? This has happened countless times in the past.

Granted, I’m not predicting it does happen in this instance. But I wouldn’t have predicted the Goodrow move either.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Except all of Canada is likely already on his list.
After that, it’s anyone’s guess. I’d wager he’d like to stay on the east coast if possible.
Him and his wife spend offseason living in Florida, probably largely for tax breaks.
A bunch of athletes/rich folks use that loophole
There is no list, he submits it tomorrow lol.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Re Entry waivers hasn’t been a thing in 12 years now

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Oh his agent has been working overtime making sure that they control that end of it. He owes them a list by Monday? His agent will figure out every team that could conceivably trade for him and put as many on that list as possible.
Rangers could then waive him and make some separate trade to take cap back instead of retaining on Trouba. The NMC changes on Monday. With that said, If Trouba finds a way to block a trade he'll certainly be stripped of the C, one would think. Would probably also find himself glued to the 3rd pair, which might not be a bad thing for the team, aside from the cap hit.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Friedman said Trouba really doesn’t want to leave New York and he heard he might strategically put teams he’s rumoured/believed to be traded to on his NTC on Monday. Lmao
The way NYR fans have gone psycho over speculation by a reporter and an agent that’s not even Trouba’s agent, is insane.

Neither Trouba NOR his agent have said anything of the sort.

Detroit hasn’t agreed to a trade. Trouba hasn’t been approached to waive his NMC, unless that’s changed in the last couple of hours..

This is completely crazy how things get taken out of context because people don’t pay attention.

Reactions: LongTimeDRWF

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Rangers could then waive him and make some separate trade to take cap back instead of retaining on Trouba. The NMC changes on Monday. With that said, If Trouba finds a way to block a trade he'll certainly be stripped of the C, one would think. Would probably also find himself glued to the 3rd pair, which might not be a bad thing for the team, aside from the cap hit.
Well if it’s the best for his family he’ll take the abuse with a smile, collect his checks while working hard and probably earning a ton of respect from his teammates while doing it. I’d like to think the coach will play him wherever his play deserves, he doesn’t care and the gm doesn’t run the bench.

Maybe giving up the C would help his game. Maybe part of his decline has been about doing too much trying to be a captain.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Well if it’s the best for his family he’ll take the abuse with a smile, collect his checks while working hard and probably earning a ton of respect from his teammates while doing it. I’d like to think the coach will play him wherever his play deserves, he doesn’t care and the gm doesn’t run the bench.

Maybe giving up the C would help his game. Maybe part of his decline has been about doing too much trying to be a captain.
It might. The biggest problem is that they're playing him where his cap indicates he should be used and less where his play deservers to be used. I think part of his biggest decline is the mobility isn't there anymore.

Reactions: bleedgreen

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Oh his agent has been working overtime making sure that they control that end of it. He owes them a list by Monday? His agent will figure out every team that could conceivably trade for him and put as many on that list as possible.
He definitely could do this but its also a big risk. I would bet hes more likely to do a mix of teams with a few he would be willing to go to. Detroit is home for him, and very close to New York if his wife is going to stay there. If you leave them off your list intentionally theres a chance you end up in Utah or San Jose instead.

Unfortunate for him but its pro sports. If you want to make 8 shmill a year to play hockey its a risk you take. And if your wive's career is so important, you also have the option to retire and support her.

He would definitely imrove Detroits D. Some people in this thread forget his pairing played the hardest minutes on the Presidents trophy winning team this year and almost 22 mins a night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad