Speculation: NYR & DET working on Jacob Trouba trade (Brooks)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
If the rangers are retaining 2.5M and taking back a cap dump I don’t see how Detroit loses this deal. Trouba isn’t as good as he used to be and his gap control might be the worst in the league for a top-4 D, but he’s still serviceable.
Rangers have been pretty outspoken about clearing space. Not sure there is much cap going back to the Rangers

smh-laugh.gif

NotNotALeafsFan

Oct 11, 2013
Toronto
I think Holl being involved just makes too much sense.

Edvinsson - Seider
Maatta - Trouba
Johansson / Petry / Chiarot
injury callup = Wallinder

This looks like an improvement to me.

Maatta and Petry leave next summer.
Trouba and Chiarot leave the summer after that.
Seider Edvinsson Johansson stay for forseeable future.
They are joined soon by Wallinder, Buium and Sandin-Pelikka.

It just.... looks right. To me.
Whatever that's worth. Basically nothing. :skull:
Can you please give me a run down of Wallinder and what he’s projected to be?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
People hate Trouba, I understand that given his physical nature. The fact remains he is an upgrade and despite the hand ringing did play a big role on the President Trophy winning team. What is Yzerman doing to the people in this thread, ummm... Improving his team every year while also improving the organizational depth from prospects to the minors to the NHL team. That's actually his job and there is no magic bullet to speed this process up.

Trouba with retention would be a big add to what we want to be and it is clear Yzerman doesn't want to take a step backwards. I think he can help bring Edvinsson along and is an ideal partner. That it didn't end well on a broken ankle in New York I understand. I think this is a great move for Detroit, he can play over 20 minutes a night and is a lot better in the 2nd pairing role than Petry.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I assume the NYR have interest in Elmer Soderblom.
I just posted this on the Rangers and Wings board.

My best guess is Trouba for a 2025 second and prospect Elmer Soderblom. A big center who has shown he can play in the NHL but was injured with concussions and never really got going when he was sent back to Grand Rapids.

Change of scenery and someone who can add size to the bottom six if he works out, but who may remain a solid AHL lifer.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Can you please give me a run down of Wallinder and what he’s projected to be?
Likely 2nd or 3rd pairing d-man. Great size, great skating, improving shot. At a bare minimum should be a good shutdown defender.

I just posted this on the Rangers and Wings board.

My best guess is Trouba for a 2025 second and prospect Elmer Soderblom. A big center who has shown he can play in the NHL but was injured with concussions and never really got going when he was sent back to Grand Rapids.

Change of scenery and someone who can add size to the bottom six if he works out, but who may remain a solid AHL lifer.
Soderblom is a winger, not a center.

Zarzh

Jun 30, 2015
The fall from grace of Yzermen is crazy. Basically considered the best GM in the league 6 years ago and now he looks like an awful GM constantly targeting trash players.
He always did, look at his draft history. People thought he was a genius for picking 2 guys who scored a f***ton in their draft years who fell to him.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
If Detroit was including Holl in the deal, I don't think that the Rangers would be retaining any notable amount of money on Trouba. If he'd waive his NTC, I think Petry and Detroit's 2nd for Trouba at $6 million would be my bet for what the deal ends up looking like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad