Proposal: Nyr-car

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bfaust30

Dec 25, 2015
Staal + Jensen + 4th rounder for Brett Pesce. Something on the lines of this. Rangers need to get rid of some depth and that contract. Carolina wants the prospects and Staal can play with his brother.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
cmon, no way. Pesce's younger then Jensen and is exempt in the upcoming expansion draft. The other assets coming Carolina's way would have to be ridiculous for us to even consider trading out Pesce for Staal.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
So the Canes downgrade to a wildly expensive D who plays the wrong side and pick up Jensen for their trouble? Thanks but no thanks.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Staal + Jensen + 4th rounder for Brett Pesce. Something on the lines of this. Rangers need to get rid of some depth and that contract. Carolina wants the prospects and Staal can play with his brother.

Nobody is taking Staal (unless the Rags really make it worthwhile for someone). He's overpaid, declining, and his NMC is going to screw just about any team come expansion.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I don't think Carolina would be opposed to trading Pesce for forward help at some point, but Marc Staal does absolutely nothing to help Carolina right now.

bsbarmchairgm

Aug 7, 2016
Is even Staal+Jensen for Hainsey a no from Carolina?

And how much would NYR have to add to a Staal package to acquire Murphy?

Hanifin, Pesce, and Slavin are exempt, but I guess Carolina will protect Faulk in the expansion draft? That leaves the possibility to protect 2 more defensemen out of Hainsey, Murphy, Tennyson, Lowe, Carrick, Robertson...

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Is even Staal+Jensen for Hainsey a no from Carolina?

Hanifin, Pesce, and Slavin are exempt, but I guess Carolina will protect Faulk in the expansion draft? That leaves the possibility to protect 2 more defensemen out of Hainsey, Murphy, Tennyson, Lowe, Carrick, Robertson...

There is no deal where Staal to Carolina works. Staal is a boat anchor that would only stand to stunt the development of Slavin (currently a top-pairing D) and Hanifin (a future top-pairing D). Add in Haydn Fleury, Trevor Carrick, and Jake Bean and there is no room for Staal. Even at 50% retained and adding Buchnevich, the Canes likely still say no.

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
Carolina is rebuilding and stocked full of blueliners, why do they want Staal?

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
There is no reason to ever take Staal for any team. He has to be protected becaus of his NMC and that just won't fly with any team around the league, hence the Rangers wanting to move him, or the fans I should say.

You will not get anything close to value for Staal.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

You guess the Canes would protect Faulk? Of course they will.

Here's the thing. Canes have to expose at least one defensemen who is signed for 17/18 and has played a certain number of games. Hainsey and Tennyson are ufas at seasons end so they don't count. Hanifin, Slavin and Pesce are exempt. Lowe and Robertson, and likely Carrick won't play enough NHL games. So that leaves one of Faulk or Murphy. So, losing Murphy and gaining Staal (who I think had a NMC) would leave Faulk as the one that has to be exposed, since Staal had a NMC and that isn't happening.

I think Murphy sucks and I also think Staal will have a much better season than most think, but contracts and the expansion draft have to be taken into account.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

What prospects?

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Terrible for Carolina. They have zero reason to do this.

OP, was there ANY thought put into why Carolina would do a deal like that? Because I know if the roles were reversed, you sure as hell wouldn't do it.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
I have been pushing for Pesce, but not such a ridiculous offer

stepan and 3 Ranger 3rds
for
Pesce, Murphy, cap dump Bickell and 2 Cane 2nds and return of ranger 2nd

you think the other offer is worse than this? Stop trying to sell Step, he is not going anywhere! And in the event that he is moved, it will be for an established stud RHD like Barrie...and I am not thinking that this will happen either.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Terrible for Carolina. They have zero reason to do this.

OP, was there ANY thought put into why Carolina would do a deal like that? Because I know if the roles were reversed, you sure as hell wouldn't do it.

No. The OP makes a new Rangers proposal almost every day and it is either us completely ripping one team of or the Rangers completely getting ripped off. Nothing in between.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad