GDT: NYR @ BOS Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Relax fella's. Its game one.....had to expect sloppy play with a shortened season and no pre-season.

true and Boston is one of the best teams in the East as well. Have to get them back on Wednesday though. Also need a big effort vs the Pens tomorrow. Cant have a crap start in a short yr

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Well, it's true. :laugh:

Seriously though, you're wrong. I've called two guys who HAVE been awful awful and Nash, who I have much higher expectations for, is having a bad game. Maybe not awful, but he can't hold onto the puck for more than a second and it's been happening all game. Don't know how people aren't harping on that.

It happened twice, once in the first and once in the third and he just lost it while trying to cut to the middle both times. Basically identical moves. He was really good in traffic for the most part IMO.

The expectations thing might be what has everyone so frustrated with every player on the team. They can't all play flawless hockey every night. It's going to take some time to get rolling, hopefully not much. But we're not the only team that lost today, the Kings got embarrassed in their own barn.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
kreider needs to get some time in the 2nd line. I understand he is a rookie but hagelin played as bad as you can play at least kreider plays well with stepan

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
It happened twice, once in the first and once in the third and he just lost it while trying to cut to the middle both times. Basically identical moves. He was really good in traffic for the most part IMO.

The expectations thing might be what has everyone so frustrated with every player on the team. They can't all play flawless hockey every night. It's going to take some time to get rolling, hopefully not much. But we're not the only team that lost today, the Kings got embarrassed in their own barn.

It happened a lot more than twice. The dude didn't know what to do with the puck besides his spin move and I guess the play he drew a penalty. Severely underwhelmed with his play tonight.

He was more noticeable than Gabby, though, and would've probably been better than Richie if not for the sick snipe.

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
How are the Bruins in midseason form both in luck and game wise and rangers are in camp form?
Maybe cause rangers have lots of new faces? Sign Gomez for league minimum with bonuses lol Richards at times reminds me of him which is scary.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
BlueshirtBlitz;57899465[B said:
]It happened a lot more than twice. [/B]The dude didn't know what to do with the puck besides his spin move and I guess the play he drew a penalty. Severely underwhelmed with his play tonight.

He was more noticeable than Gabby, though, and would've probably been better than Richie if not for the sick snipe.

Got any examples or are you just throwing it out there because that's what you want to think happened? He lost the puck cleanly while trying to make a move on the defender TWICE all night, where it just hopped off his stick. He was very good in traffic the entire game.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Yes its only one game but fans have a right to be concerned. In a 48 game season in a tough division there isnt time to screw around. The flowerplay is still here and the faceoffs are still bad. The biggets thing is that teh rangers looked soft tonight

Let Blaine Die

Holden out 4 a hero
Jan 4, 2012
NYC
Why should we expect it when the Bruins came out and looked in midseason form.

Sick of lowering my expectations for this team.

Not to make excuses but Boston has basically the same team as the past two years. They know their system and have chemistry. We have many new faces coming in, chemistry will take time. Also, Torts is going to have to be willing to tinker with the system. We will not be able to play the same ultra defensive game without Prust, Dubi, Anisimov and Feds.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Bruins didn't look like they were in mid-season form to me, sure they were better than the Rangers, but they weren't smooth. The big difference IMO is that the Bruins were for the most part playing on settled lines from last season so they knew what each other were doing, the Rangers forwards had no idea

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
i wouldnt be shocked if they trade Hagelin for a defenseman.

I would be. One bad game does not a season make.

How are the Bruins in midseason form both in luck and game wise and rangers are in camp form?
Maybe cause rangers have lots of new faces? Sign Gomez for league minimum with bonuses lol Richards at times reminds me of him which is scary.

Gomez signed with the Sharks and would be horrific on this team. Richards has some nights where he can't get anything going and tonight was one of them IMO and he still had a goal.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Wolski - 1g - 1 ass - 2 p
Kovalev - 1 goal - 2 assists - 3 points
Korpikoski - 1 goal
Mitchell 1 goal
Jagr - 2 goals
Tyutin - 2 assists
Anisimov - 1 goal
Prospal - 1 assist
Tarasenko - 2 goals

Ouch

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Got any examples or are you just throwing it out there because that's what you want to think happened? He lost the puck cleanly while trying to make a move on the defender TWICE all night, where it just hopped off his stick. He was very good in traffic the entire game.

Watch him handle the puck. I'm not just talking about the two really bad times where the puck just hopped off his stick. Tentative passes to dudes who would then end up forcing plays because they were in bad positions.

He didn't know what to do when the puck was on his stick.

Captain Taco

Jan 9, 2012
New York
I find it comical that some of you guys are giving up on the season because of the first game of a lockout shortened season..what a joke

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Wolski - 1g - 1 ass - 2 p
Kovalev - 1 goal - 2 assists - 3 points
Korpikoski - 1 goal
Mitchell 1 goal
Jagr - 2 goals
Tyutin - 2 assists
Anisimov - 1 goal
Prospal - 1 assist
Tarasenko - 2 goals

Ouch

WTF? Are we going to get an update every time a player we passed on when we drafted Montoya, Jessiman and Sangs scores

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Bruins played really well and basically had no major changes from their team

Rangers looked like they were struggling to integrate their new players and new lines. Lots of times players didn't seem to know where each other were.

Bruins played very good defense

Rangers will get it together, not really worried about that

True. I think the only changes for the Bruins were Rask for Thomas, Hamilton for Corvo and Bourque for Pouliot.

Boston looked much better than the Rangers all night. I'm not sure why Tortorella started juggling the lines almost immediately. I think it was still 0-0 when he started mixing guys up.

RangersFan

Feb 27, 2002
NY, NY
I think we passed on him for McIlrath

I was so certain we were gonna take Tarasenko, how could you not when you had plenty of young D and D prospects and virtually no forwards. But then my jaw dropped when Big Mac was taken. Most of the board wanted Tarasenko there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad