News: NYR actively looking for a Center & Right Wing before deadline.

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
For most of Henrique’s career, he’s put up 40-50 points and 20+ goals. He’s simply having a typical Henrique season.

fair, but there's no getting around his age or the team he's on, and i don't think you go into any deal thinking he gets the same roles/production on a stronger roster. more importantly for me is his game does not bring what the rangers biggest target at the deadline needs to be, which is pace. having said that, i'm certainly not above realizing i could be wrong, and it's not like i don't view henrique as a very good player. i just don't love his fit for this team, and i wouldn't make a deal for him at where the consensus seems to think it would be.

i will say though that there's definitely a case to be made for just biting the bullet on a steeper price with him for no other reason than ensuring he doesn't go to any team the rangers are pretty likely to come across. the guy has absolutely murdered the rangers his entire career. even if he does nothing with them, it's probably preventing at least like 5 goals against over a 7 game series if he's not on the other bench.

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
fair, but there's no getting around his age or the team he's on,

Why does his age matter as a rental? All that matters is he's still good now.

and i don't think you go into any deal thinking he gets the same roles/production on a stronger roster.

He's probably best used as a 3c who can fill in at other positions, but his role with Anaheim also suggests he can plug a short term scoring line role to get you through a series if there's an injury. That's not bad for a playoff team to have.

i will say though that there's definitely a case to be made for just biting the bullet on a steeper price with him for no other reason than ensuring he doesn't go to any team the rangers are pretty likely to come across. the guy has absolutely murdered the rangers his entire career.

Well there's always the chance he ends up on a team in the other conference.

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
Why does his age matter as a rental? All that matters is he's still good now.

He's probably best used as a 3c who can fill in at other positions, but his role with Anaheim also suggests he can plug a short term scoring line role to get you through a series if there's an injury. That's not bad for a playoff team to have.

Well there's always the chance he ends up on a team in the other conference.

it matters because having a typical season production wise on a bad team might not be indicative of what he brings to a contender in a reduced role. now sure he wouldn't theoretically be brought in to provide production and i'm not worried about that. my point was responding to referencing his production as his typical season for him being indicative of his being the player he's always been. and hey maybe he is, my opinion is just my opinion. i could be wrong. i don't have any expectation of anyone else to just accept what i think as right. i don't see anyone else's opinion as inherently wrong, at least within the realm of reason. personally, i just don't love him as a fit for this roster. he may end up in ny and prove me very wrong, which i'd be very much hoping for him to do.

if he doesn't end up in ny, i definitely hope he's somewhere out west though that's for sure.

Reactions: Crazy8oooo

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
fair, but there's no getting around his age or the team he's on, and i don't think you go into any deal thinking he gets the same roles/production on a stronger roster. more importantly for me is his game does not bring what the rangers biggest target at the deadline needs to be, which is pace. having said that, i'm certainly not above realizing i could be wrong, and it's not like i don't view henrique as a very good player. i just don't love his fit for this team, and i wouldn't make a deal for him at where the consensus seems to think it would be.

i will say though that there's definitely a case to be made for just biting the bullet on a steeper price with him for no other reason than ensuring he doesn't go to any team the rangers are pretty likely to come across. the guy has absolutely murdered the rangers his entire career. even if he does nothing with them, it's probably preventing at least like 5 goals against over a 7 game series if he's not on the other bench.
Fair points and I wouldn’t expect the rangers to bite if he’s not what they need. I just wanted to point out that he’s pretty consistently posted these same stats throughout most of his career. I don’t think age is a factor here either when you’re just grabbing him for the remainder of the season/playoffs. I wouldn’t expect him to break down over that time due to age. The debate really is whether he’s worth a first or not. Considering Monahan got one, I think it’s reasonable to say he should/could get one or something equivalent. Up until the trade, their stats were close to even. Anyway, I’m hoping for a first or equivalent but wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t happen.

Reactions: 2014nyr

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I'd consider something around Konecny & Laughton for Laf & Kakko.
KK is emerging has good chemistry w/Cuylle + Brodz is ok pivot for now
we are not moving him early

LaF, per bern's accurate prediction is turning into Steve Vickers
He is not available for regular deals
only to be sold high

Pass.

Wouldn't move Schneider for Tarasenko and 50% retention
wouldn't move Schneid, period

Well would you do it when you get to dump Goodrows terrible contract?
no,
first his contract is not THAT terrible
second
while he isn't worth 3.6 for next coupla yrs
he is not super long term albatross

Rs retain down to 2.0 and he is available for free [like a conditional 7th]
as at that pt he is a useful asset
we are not buying him out or paying for a team to take him

No.

I'd buy him out.
see above

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
Fair points and I wouldn’t expect the rangers to bite if he’s not what they need. I just wanted to point out that he’s pretty consistently posted these same stats throughout most of his career. I don’t think age is a factor here either when you’re just grabbing him for the remainder of the season/playoffs. I wouldn’t expect him to break down over that time due to age. The debate really is whether he’s worth a first or not. Considering Monahan got one, I think it’s reasonable to say he should/could get one or something equivalent. Up until the trade, their stats were close to even. Anyway, I’m hoping for a first or equivalent but wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t happen.

it's not me expecting that he'll fall off a cliff during the rental period, it's more a concern that his metrics are inflated by his current situation whereas you may find those masked more decline than it appeared in a different situation. as i said though, it's entirely possible i'm wrong. to your point re the cost that's also a factor for my limited interest, at a certain price he's definitely worth adding. what i'm seeing in rumors - granted those are not always all that close to what trade returns are - i view as too high. i would rather see the rangers prioritize a better skating option in the bottom 6, but if you accomplish that and can still fit henrique at a reasonable cost i'd feel a bit differently.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
From what I have read, Drury doesn't seem to have any interest in including Perrault in a deal. If I were Philly, I'd (understandably) want Perrault for Konecny. Add on that Philly would either need to retain salary or take a cap dump back (Goodrow) and I think fair market value for TK is more than the Rangers are looking to pay.

Personally, I don't think this team are true cup contenders unless Zibanejad gets his head out of his ass and Trouba is fired into the sun, so I'd just as soon try and bargain bin the deadline (i.e.: Duclair, maybe Kaliyev if LA is as down on him as they seem to be)
Konecny is a top line play driving wing with term and a good contract. You’d be adding to that and it wouldn’t be a cap dump.

I think the rangers should look at Laughton if they are looking at a center

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Honestly... I get that the Flyers might be sellers, but it's really really hard to imagine them trading with a division rival they might end up facing in the first round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad