Speculation: Nylander XI - All rumors, proposals, discussion, etc. HERE

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaleel619

Nov 16, 2016
SJ
I completely understand wanting to get paid and having a long term contract incase a severe injury occurs. What I don't understand is in the same off season of getting John Tavares for free, and having sat across Marleau in the dressing room who is 40 and still without a cup, I just don't get that part. Doesn't he see he's in a fortunate situation and winning a cup isn't easy? Losing Matthews for a month isn't good, and if it ends up they sort out a contract, but end up missing an important seed or home ice by a couple points and lose. That's not something you want permeating in the locker room, because they'll all point to Nylander. But I am a sharks fan, so I really have to applaud DW for being aware of this years off season and not re-signing Marleau to that contract. It also makes me wonder if Toronto had any idea about Tavares or if Lou was aware but since he wasn't going to be there long term decided to handcuff the leafs considering their young stars will be needing contracts.

Am I missing something or am I on the money?

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Leafs should try and shop Nylander then. No way he can get 8m with the Matthews and Marner deals coming up too. You would be looking at 30m+ tied up in 4 players.... which is just insane.

Trade Nylander for a stud dman on cheap deal... both sides win. Nylander gets paid and the Leafs get a good dman back and can sign MM and AM next year. Someone mentioned Hampus Lindholm as an example, not sure who else they could target though. Maybe one of the Minny dmen?

Umm try closer to 40M

Tavares = 11
Matthews = 11 at least
Marner = 9 at least
Nylander = 6 at the very least
TOTAL = 37 at least but most likely 40M

ALEXIVICH CHULKATURI

Dec 5, 2010
HILTON HEAD ISLAND
We don't really need him right now considering our first two lines are buzzing and defense is a bigger priority but I wish the Islanders would offer him a contract. That being said we're going to have a hard enough time resigning our own players.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Tavares = 11
Matthews = 10
Marner = 8
Nylander = 6.5
Rielly = 5
Andersen = 5
Kadri = 4.5

Sweet..

Feb 24, 2017
Which Dman?
Hampus lindholm maybe? Anaheim wont want him, he was a hold out and doesnt that hint at something bad? I highly doubt he was getting low balled, they wont want a dman just playing for $$$$$.
Lindholm would require Matthews
Nylander is more in the Manson or Montour range

Feb 24, 2017
You know that isnt true, and youre basing it off of an obviously sarcastic reply to a posters hot take.

Why would Anaheim accept less than Matthews for Lindholm? He’s a relatively inexpensive number one D with room to grow. Nylander isn’t worth that. Neither is Marner. JT probably has a no trade. Next up?
Yeah. What doesn’t make sense here?

Reactions: flamesforcup

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Tavares = 11
Matthews = 10
Marner = 8
Nylander = 6.5
Rielly = 5
Andersen = 5
Kadri = 4.5

Sweet..
Lol gtfo! All I’ve heard since game 1 is how close Matthews is to Connor if not better and then here you short him 2.5M. Also Marner is getting more and I’d say nylander would take more too. If nylander would take 6.5, I think it would be done already. So probably at minimum 2M for AM and MM each and another 0.5M for nylander...TOTAL becomes 54-55M not 50M as you stated for 7 players. 30M left for 16 players. Gardiner will have to get 6 minimum if he is to stay. Marleau gets 6, so now you are left with 18M for 14 players. KK is getting more so good luck folks....leaf fans becoming capologists over the summer were on another planet thinking it could all work....

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Lol gtfo! All I’ve heard since game 1 is how close Matthews is to Connor if not better and then here you short him 2.5M. Also Marner is getting more and I’d say nylander would take more too. If nylander would take 6.5, I think it would be done already. So probably at minimum 2M for AM and MM each and another 0.5M for nylander...TOTAL becomes 54-55M not 50M as you stated for 7 players. 30M left for 16 players. Gardiner will have to get 6 minimum if he is to stay. Marleau gets 6, so now you are left with 18M for 14 players. KK is getting more so good luck folks....leaf fans becoming capologists over the summer were on another planet thinking it could all work....

No art ross, no hart, no 70 points, no chance its even close to 12.5m per

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Do YOU think Matthews is close to McDavid, and/or deserves the same money as him?

Gsh

Oct 14, 2018
Trade the soft Swedish boy who only cares about his hair for a gritty Canadian who developed in the OHL that Don watched play in minor hockey. North American kids have heart and are willing to sign for league minimum.

Harhis

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
The problem for the Leafs with trading him is they have to find a team who is willing to give Nylander what he wants. IF the rumored 8M a year is true and he doesn't want to sign for less it might be hard to find that team.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
Matthews being out will make things a little more interesting. If the leafs start stuggling to put wins together it'll put a lot of pressure on the front office to shop him. I really, really doubt they can afford what he's asking if they want to keep the core together. It's not worth sacrificing potential depth on D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad