Nylander vs Dzingel

Nylander vs Dzingel

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Geez, I myself am super critical of Nylander but he’s better than Dzingel. This is silly.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Let’s add some context:

Player 1 - 26 years old
Career - GP 235 - G 59 - A 58 - Pts 117

Player 2 - 22 years old
Career - GP 202 - G 49 - A 89 - Pts 138

OP is embarrassing. I’d also encourage you to look up the definition of neutral. Negative bias actually means you’re not neutral.

Not all players develop on the same curve, or even in a linear fashion. Right now, I like Dzingel's game more. If Nylander is eventually able to shake off the rust it'll probably be him but Dzingel's shot and skill always impresses me - reminds me of Hoffman. He's also on pace to destroy Nylander's career high in goals without the benefit of Auston Matthews.

Also - you may think this is a ridiculous comparison, but what you are feeling right now is what I experienced when you and the rest of Toronto were arguing with me that Nylander > Gaudreau at the start of last season:
Willy Nylander vs Gaudreau

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
Do people think that William Nylander is actually just going to be a 15 point player for the rest of his career...

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Do people think that William Nylander is actually just going to be a 15 point player for the rest of his career...
Imagine saying “if Kopitar picks it up, it’ll probably be him, but for now I have to say that Lindholm is a better C”.

Reactions: Eb

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Not all players develop on the same curve, or even in a linear fashion. Right now, I like Dzingel's game more. If Nylander is eventually able to shake off the rust it'll probably be him but Dzingel's shot and skill always impresses me - reminds me of Hoffman. He's also on pace to destroy Nylander's career high in goals without the benefit of Auston Matthews.

Also - you may think this is a ridiculous comparison, but what you are feeling right now is what I experienced when you and the rest of Toronto were arguing with me that Nylander > Gaudreau at the start of last season:
So you’re bitter I disagreed with you a year ago? And your response is to oppose me on this and kill your own credibility?

You’ll notice a poll like this re; a Leaf player is usually full of responses and votes after being open for several hours... This one is an exception. Any idea why?

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Dzingle is better right now but Nylander will be better in the future

Laminator

May 25, 2014
I cheer for the Senators and I am a huge Dzingel fan. However Nylander is a much better hockey player. Yes Nylander is having a bad year but he will bounce back next year.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I don’t see how even a Sens fan wouldn’t vote Nyl here. Sure Dzingle is player better rn but doesn’t mean much considering the different situation between the 2

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada

Not sure if the guy who argued for Fiala over Marner should be on a high horse over old polls.

Marner VS Fiala

I'm sure this take will age just as well.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Yeah Nylander wins this hands down ,the comparision isnt realy fair to Dzingle here...He is a solid player in his own right,but Nylander is much better

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
So you’re bitter I disagreed with you a year ago? And your response is to oppose me on this and kill your own credibility?

You’ll notice a poll like this re; a Leaf player is usually full of responses and votes after being open for several hours... This one is an exception. Any idea why?
Damn you really voted Nylander over Gaudreau? LOL. And like @WhiskeyYourTheDevils said development is not linear. Ive seen the development argument used by Leafs fans to argue Marner>Gaudreau, Rielly>Kieth, Matthews>Mackinnon etc. but its just dumb to expect a player to stay on an upwards curve. I mean Nylander was better than Gaudreau and Kucherov at the same age i guess u would take him over them? Theres more to the game than checking stats and age and automatically expecting it to go up.

Reactions: Hugh Mungus

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Nylander is the clear choice. He brings good offense and still has upside to grow his game. Needs to work on not getting physically intimidated and on his defensive game but his current production is not indicative of the type of player he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad