Post-Game Talk: Nylander and Shootouts get Leafs 2 points Vs Flames

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Quick whistle with an uncovered Puck results in Kadri goal called back.

McCabe make up penalty results in a Nylander SH goal on that call

That is a +2 goal swing for Toronto. :)

If both plays resulted in correct calls Leafs are not even playing into extra time, starring down a 5-3 loss.

Sometimes you have to be lucky to be good.

Leafs were leading 2-1 when Nylander scored his shortie.

So the called off goal would have made it 2-2.

Who knows what each team would have done after that?

Nylander seemed quite engaged ... one of the Top 5 seemed to be missing in action though.

1699740431446.png

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Our biggest concern is defense. We can blame our goalies all we want but we do not have one top 4 defender who is capable of clearing the front of the net or making it hard to get to the front of the net.
Teams know how to beat us by now. Put the puck on net and then go hard for a rebound.
Calgary first goal was misplayed by Woll. He stopped the puck with his pad but the puck rolled into the curve of the pad that goes over the skate right to opposing players stick.
Zadorov goal Brodie screened the goalie. Block the shot or get out of the way.
Last two goals Woll makes original save and three flames are allowed to fight for the rebound and score without being knocked down or taken out of the play.

We need two big stay at home knock you on your ass defensmen
Zadorov would be a nice get. 6f6 220-230lbs. Guy is a beast. Would clear the net nicely

Kyle Broflovski

Mar 23, 2023
Bremen
Not satisfied, Flames Are terrible and Again we got more than three goals against us.
Was a Lucky win against an Opponent Which you have to Beat much more better.

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
I’m glad to win that one but it was sad to hear the chorus of boos when Kadri took his shootout. That guy put it all on the line for the leafs, loved the city and fanbase, f***ed up, was completely over punished by the league and the team when he was thrown out of town. He doesn’t deserve boos in Toronto; he should have been a career leaf.

Reactions: andora and ACC1224

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I’m glad to win that one but it was sad to hear the chorus of boos when Kadri took his shootout. That guy put it all on the line for the leafs, loved the city and fanbase, f***ed up, was completely over punished by the league and the team when he was thrown out of town. He doesn’t deserve boos in Toronto; he should have been a career leaf.

I agree with the boos being unfortunate and not necessary, but Kadri earned his suspensions and being traded away by this team. I was as big a Kadri fan as you’ll find here but he couldn’t be trusted; had maturing to do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad