Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYI] Ryan Pulock signs extension (2 years, $5M AAV)

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
The AAV's great value.

Does this take him to UFA?
Yes. He's 26 now, he will be 27+ when the contract expires.

It doesn't buy UFA years, he wouldn't be UFA yet on June 30, 2021 after this season (assuming normalcy).

Reactions: Llamamoto

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
according to capfriendly, no
Really? He is 26 back in October with 3 full nhl seasons under his belt. Assuming things return to normal in time for the 21-22 season on July 1, 2022 he would be 27 with 5 nhl seasons under his belt which should qualify him for UFA.

short term works for the isles. And at 27 going on 28 the isles should still get some good years on his next contract. But ideally they would have loved a long term deal to take him to 33/34.

in 2 seasons Boychuk, Leddy, Ckutterbuck, kimarov come off the books. So it’s times to when some deals are done.

Last edited:

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Worth noting, even as Pulock will make a killing with his next deal: Leddy, Boychuk, Komarov, Clutterbuck, and Hickey will all be off the books. Ladd and Varlamov are gone the following season. So they'll be able to handle this but that said, I'm looking forward to Lou adding some dumb contracts to make this complicated.

Reactions: Morrison

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Really? He is 26 back in October with 3 full nhl seasons under his belt. Assuming things return to normal in time for the 21-22 season on July 1, 2022 he would be 27 with 5 nhl seasons under his belt which should qualify him for UFA.
Yea. I did a quick team with Poluck signed for 2 years and he was still a RFA. Capfriendly is usually really good at getting it right. They arent perfect but good.

edit* well other teams are popping up and he is a UFA afterwards. so, Idk anymore (maybe I had a layer 8 issue).

edit2* so its on the capfriendly page now and he ends as a UFA so, it was me that was the issue. my bad.

Last edited:

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
Good price for a great defenseman. Term is a concern but you do what you have to do.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Yea. I did a quick team with Poluck signed for 2 years and he was still a RFA. Capfriendly is usually really good at getting it right. They arent perfect but good.

edit* well other teams are popping up and he is a UFA afterwards. so, Idk anymore (maybe I had a layer 8 issue).
Juat moments ago the contract wasn't on CapFriendly yet, at least not for me.

You were probably seeing the 2-year 2018-20 contract that expired as RFA.

We were surfing on the very top of the wave that is the infosuperhighway.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Juat moments ago the contract wasn't on CapFriendly yet, at least not for me.

You were probably seeing the 2-year 2018-20 contract that expired as RFA.
i did a AGM team to see how it was going to end, also where I got their cap numbers.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Good aav but he can walk as a UFA in two years time if he chooses. That was the compromise.
He could've done that just as well by accepting his one year 5M QO the next off-season.

Reactions: Morrison

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Well, that is a bit of a gamble.

Saved themselves a 1-2M in cap hit, but in 2 years it might be an 8M cap hit or losing him for nothing.

You can't really blame them with the cap crunch. Some of the other options must have been terrible.

Poster beware, this is the price of signing big name free agents. Guys like Boychuk and Ladd were once big names and now they're causing the Islanders to trade solid young players and take risks with Pulock.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad