Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYI] Ryan Pulock re-signs with Islanders [2yr, $2M AAV] (MOD #34)

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Pulock is the obvious choice for breakout candidate this year for the Isles. For the Islanders to compete this year he's going to have to take the next step(and he's not the only one).

As for the contract - would have preferred longer but that is one cheap dollar amount. It also means that Pulock is betting on himself getting that big payday in 2 years, which is nice If his strategy works out it probably means we've found another top-3 defender.

Reactions: Zenon Konopka Jr

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Sweet contract in a vacuum but with all the cap space the Island has I wonder if it would've been better to bump the AAV to buy some more years. Moot point if Pulock wanted a bridge tho.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Only problem is if he develops properly he is due for a big pay day in two years

Not a problem at all. If he is deserving of the "big pay day" then that means the Islanders will have a helluva D man on their blueline. With JT walking, we can basically give (2) long term deals to RFA's should they be worthy of the dollars ....

So that 11M that would've gone to PJ's can be spent in many different ways, whether that means on one player like Karlsson through free agency or signing promising D, perhaps Pulock and Toews or Pulock and Dobson to long term deals with 5.5M AAV's

Reactions: Riptide

Chuck Norris Trophy

Jan 22, 2015
This is almost like Saros-level steal, wow. Lou must've said something about the fact that Pulock probably likes his kneecaps functional.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
This is almost like Saros-level steal, wow. Lou must've said something about the fact that Pulock probably likes his kneecaps functional.

I wouldn't say it's a steal. While I think Pulock has a legit chance to get 20+ goals simple fact is he only had 10 goals and 32 points in 68 games last year. What you might be able to do can only take you so far when it comes to negotiations

Reactions: Riptide

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
hes turning 24 in October and has 1 season where he played more than 15 games...

deals like this screw the nhl when it comes to arbitration and cost control...

bring on the next lockout

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Wow that is crazy.. I assumed he would be getting one of those 4+ mill per for 7 years that alot of young dmen get.. Steal!!!.. Also good idea by him signing a deal like this...he has huge potential to have a massive breakout year and may cash in huge next deal

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
have you been paying attention to the idiot contracts being handled out to rfa the past 6-7 years?

if hes willing to sign more than 5 years he will get ufa money

Does't change the fact that his RFA status means he will make less than if he were UFA. This is why the vast majority of Isles fans really like this deal.

Good players get paid regardless, but RFA/UFA is still a massive difference. If he plays like I think he can, his next contract will be north of 5 years, 4-6M per.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
Does't change the fact that his RFA status means he will make less than if he were UFA. This is why the vast majority of Isles fans really like this deal.

Good players get paid regardless, but RFA/UFA is still a massive difference. If he plays like I think he can, his next contract will be north of 5 years, 4-6M per.

This, if he hits his ceiling I have zero issues with 8 years, 6 million per or whatnot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad