Confirmed Trade: [NYI/OTT] JG Pageau to Islanders for cond. 2020/21 1st (top 3 protected), 2020 2nd, & cond. 2022 3rd

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Been away for quite awhile,but always thought it would be the NYI that would be the dark horse team... To snag a player that seemed to be tailor made for their team...JGP,isnt that flashy top line guy ...But he is one of those players that always seem to do more,to help win games than most realise...As a fan that watched his whole career here in Ottawa Iam going to miss him,and Iam also sure NYI fans will love him..

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Ottawa fans must be getting more and more excited about that pick with each passing day.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Ottawa fans must be getting more and more excited about that pick with each passing day.
Too focused on their own games and San Jose.

If Ottawa gets two very high picks, I could see using the NYI pick to grab a good RFA from a cap strapped team.

Last edited:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Man the Sens are shitting luck. Potentially 3 lotto picks is goddamn insane.

Islanders pick is lotto protected. If they win a top 3 pick, they keep the pick and the Sens get their 2021 pick. What would be hilarious is if they do win the lottery, Sens get their 2021 pick and the Islanders suck next year.

Once again the Sens would have 2 potential lottery picks.

Most likely wont happen though.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
This has to be a top 3 protected pick no???

Islanders pick is lotto protected. If they win a top 3 pick, they keep the pick and the Sens get their 2021 pick. What would be hilarious is if they do win the lottery, Sens get their 2021 pick and the Islanders suck next year.

Once again the Sens would have 2 potential lottery picks.

Most likely wont happen though.

Sorry, lotto as in top 15. Mistake with wording on my part.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I never understand why teams pay the moon for these role players, and it seems to go in waves. There was awhile when Boyle/Gaustad/Murray/etc. where garnering a 1st/multiple 2nds for their intangibles and every time the team acquiring the player wouldn't be any better for it. GMs seemed to catch on and their value diminished, but this year it's starting all over again. Pageau for a 1st+, Coleman/Goodrow for 1st+.

I get there's potential holes to fill, but the price of Coleman was only a bit less than Mark Stone, that's insane.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
I never understand why teams pay the moon for these role players, and it seems to go in waves. There was awhile when Boyle/Gaustad/Murray/etc. where garnering a 1st/multiple 2nds for their intangibles and every time the team acquiring the player wouldn't be any better for it. GMs seemed to catch on and their value diminished, but this year it's starting all over again. Pageau for a 1st+, Coleman/Goodrow for 1st+.

I get there's potential holes to fill, but the price of Coleman was only a bit less than Mark Stone, that's insane.

That's what I don't get. Even if this is the price for role players... How in the f*** did no team offer more for Mark stone

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Pageau is a way better player than everyone you listed in this post outside of stone. Maybe you just arent familiar with him?

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Pageau is a way better player than everyone you listed in this post outside of stone. Maybe you just arent familiar with him?

I think the general point still remains... don't give up first rounders for bottom 6 players. Even if they're the best bottom 6 players.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
This trade is looking pretty miserable at the moment, but maybe it'll rebound.

That Derek Grant trade is looking A+ in comparison.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I think the general point still remains... don't give up first rounders for bottom 6 players. Even if they're the best bottom 6 players.
He is going to be top 4 or 5 in ice time out of the forwards on your team he isnt a bottom 6 player. In the 100+ games he has now played in the top 6 he is scoring at a 50+ point pace. Most people simply arent familiar with Pageau thats the real issue.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
That's what I don't get. Even if this is the price for role players... How in the f*** did no team offer more for Mark stone

Im sure teams would have if they knew he'd sign with them and they had the cap space.

But ticking both of those boxes isn't that simple.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Im sure teams would have if they knew he'd sign with them and they had the cap space.

But ticking both of those boxes isn't that simple.
Just because Pageau trade is so bad it doesn't make it the norm. Stone is an undervalue but Pageau should have been a 2 3 and not a 1 2 trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad