PTO: [NYI] G Keith Kinkaid signs PTO with the Islanders

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
This is a favor for showing up at the practice facility all summer long to man the crease while roster players were training. Plus he is a Lamoriello soldier from his NJ days so we already know he respects the hell out of him.

BPT is most likely going to be Hogberg/Tikkanen/Skarek and Lennox will get the bulk of the starts in WOR. Unless Hogberg is NA or bust, I think Kinkaid will just remain around on LI all season in case they get into a jam.

I really hope Hogberg is willing to be 'the guy' in BPT and Skarek FO's off to Europe. Tikkanen is intriguing, but I'm not convinced he has NHL potential yet.

In a perfect world...

NYI:
Sorokin
Varlamov

BPT:
Hogberg
Tikkanen

WOR:
Lennox
Appleby

Long Island EBUG:
Kinkaid

With Tikkanen/Lennox/Skarek not displaying an NHL potential to date this far, Hogberg being a total wildcard, and Varlamov under contract for 36 more months, it makes sense why they drafted Gamzin and Gidlof.
I have a feeling they sign Kinkaid to a 2 way after camp and let him rock in Bridgeport with Hogberg/Tikkanen. Might as well carry 3 goalies there. He’ll atleast get some games to keep in shape vs sticking around the Island and practicing with the big club on the odd day/morning skate a goalie takes a day off from.

Reactions: seafoam

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
He's pretty bad but can be a decent 3rd string option in a pinch.

Completely agree. It's really smart to have NHL experience in the AHL for when a disaster pushes someone into action.

I'd rather have Kinkaid start a handful of games if needed, rather than mess up the development curve of young guy who is learning in the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad