PTO: [NYI] G Keith Kinkaid signs PTO with the Islanders

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario

For anyone reading through, that's right...

The Islanders sign 35 year old, 11 year, 169 GP NHL journeyman goaltender to a PTO and invited him to their rookie camp

I don't think there are specific rules to the NHL rookie camps - it's just extra practice the teams choose to run, essentially -so it's fitting enough to give Kinkaid some extra conditioning as a spare goalie, but you definitely don't see it often

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: kevistar

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
It's the KHL player I am most interested in. He's already played a couple games for Moscow Dynamo this year. The fact that he's over here for Isles staff to take a look at...he really wants to come to North America. Have no idea if he is good, but the scouts must see something in him.

Reactions: uncleben

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
There's actually a couple decent goalies (backups) out there unsigned. Interesting that Kinkaid gets a PTO and Lankinen is still unsigned
Depends what he is asking for. This time of year if you aren't willing to take a PTO or 2way teams are more likely to wait to see if they have to fill a hole (injury, their current backup crapping the bed, etc)

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Kinkaid would be goalie #4/5 on the depth charts and basically split time with Hogberg and Tikkanen in Bridgeport. Realistically would be a miracle if he wound up playing a NHL game this year.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
Kinkaid would be goalie #4/5 on the depth charts and basically split time with Hogberg and Tikkanen in Bridgeport. Realistically would be a miracle if he wound up playing a NHL game this year.
True. If he stays with the team it likely means he is an AHL mentor if Hogberg has to fill in for an injured Sorokin for an extended period

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
It's the KHL player I am most interested in. He's already played a couple games for Moscow Dynamo this year. The fact that he's over here for Isles staff to take a look at...he really wants to come to North America. Have no idea if he is good, but the scouts must see something in him.

Pretty sure Kudashov wouldn't be eligible to be signed even if he terminated his KHL contract. Same thing after his contract because he played in Europe.

He needs to be drafted if he wants to come over in the next 2 years.

Reactions: Bear of Bad News

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005

For anyone reading through, that's right...

The Islanders sign 30 year old, 11 year, 169 GP NHL journeyman goaltender to a PTO and invited him to their rookie camp

I don't think there are specific rules to the NHL rookie camps - it's just extra practice the teams choose to run, essentially -so it's fitting enough to give Kinkaid some extra conditioning as a spare goalie, but you definitely don't see it often

I thought this was ... pretty young for Kinkaid, considering how long he's been in the NHL for.

He's 35, not 30.

It's shade of Fernando Alonso being invited to rookie testing at the end of F1 2020 season (well, with the major difference that Alonso was still elite and a legend, while Kinkaid is a few years removed from his journeyman peak.

Reactions: uncleben

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
I thought this was ... pretty young for Kinkaid, considering how long he's been in the NHL for.

He's 35, not 30.

It's shade of Fernando Alonso being invited to rookie testing at the end of F1 2020 season (well, with the major difference that Alonso was still elite and a legend, while Kinkaid is a few years removed from his journeyman peak.

Should I know the name Fernando Alonso?

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
This is a favor for showing up at the practice facility all summer long to man the crease while roster players were training. Plus he is a Lamoriello soldier from his NJ days so we already know he respects the hell out of him.

BPT is most likely going to be Hogberg/Tikkanen/Skarek and Lennox will get the bulk of the starts in WOR. Unless Hogberg is NA or bust, I think Kinkaid will just remain around on LI all season in case they get into a jam.

I really hope Hogberg is willing to be 'the guy' in BPT and Skarek FO's off to Europe. Tikkanen is intriguing, but I'm not convinced he has NHL potential yet.

In a perfect world...

NYI:
Sorokin
Varlamov

BPT:
Hogberg
Tikkanen

WOR:
Lennox
Appleby

Long Island EBUG:
Kinkaid

With Tikkanen/Lennox/Skarek not displaying an NHL potential to date this far, Hogberg being a total wildcard, and Varlamov under contract for 36 more months, it makes sense why they drafted Gamzin and Gidlof.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad