PTO: [NYI] G Keith Kinkaid and F Matt Martin sign PTOs with the Islanders; 8 others invited to camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Isles have zero toughness. How can they compete with MacDermid, Rempe and even Wilson and Reaves.
Only 1 of the 4 will do something stupid (as well as his captain). The other 3 are smarter at this point in their career. Also, Mayfield is still there and Romanov hits like a truck.

vandymeer13

Feb 8, 2017
Iowa
Considering they don't have anyone remotely tough this is a necessity. He can still throw his weight around and fight if he has to. Who else is gonna stand up for their teammate anders lee or scott mayfield?

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Mayfield is a middleweight. The Isles have always had a tough team. Sad unless Martin signs.
6'5 and 220lbs is a middle weight? Ok then. Rempe got manhandled by a guy whos 6'1 and weighs 220 as well. MacDermid doesn't go out of his way looking to hunt guys down unless they do something stupid and Reaves is lucky if he plays 25 games next season.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
You mean Olivier who is a career fighter. Check his fight card. Mayfield is a stay at home D with a bit of offense who occasionally fights if he has to. He’s not a heavyweight and that’s not fair to make him scrap these fighters.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
I thought this was ... pretty young for Kinkaid, considering how long he's been in the NHL for.

He's 35, not 30.

It's shade of Fernando Alonso being invited to rookie testing at the end of F1 2020 season (well, with the major difference that Alonso was still elite and a legend, while Kinkaid is a few years removed from his journeyman peak.

Should I know the name Fernando Alonso?

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
You mean Olivier who is a career fighter. Check his fight card. Mayfield is a stay at home D with a bit of offense who occasionally fights if he has to. He’s not a heavyweight and that’s not fair to make him scrap these fighters.
Considering how much fighting goes on in the NHL the past few years, I’m not worried. At the rate Rempe is going, he’ll phase himself out of the league when teams ignore his antics. Reaves will play what? 25-30 games and maybe 1 or 2 vs the Islanders. Yeah not worried about him or Macdermid who like I said will fight but actually understands the code and doesn’t run around trying to play in the Federal League from Slapshot like Rempe did last season. Lee is a massively large human being who will fight if he has to, Mayfield as well. Let’s cross that bridge when it gets there. I’m more concerned with Matt Martin getting to 1000 games than I am about 3 players on other teams in the league who will barely see ice time this season.

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
I feel like Columbus or San Jose could use him on the 4th line, you wouldn't play your rookies or prospects on the 4th line they would be better off in the AHL so it wouldn't take a spot from the young guns, and he could provide some leadership and physicality.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
This is a favor for showing up at the practice facility all summer long to man the crease while roster players were training. Plus he is a Lamoriello soldier from his NJ days so we already know he respects the hell out of him.

BPT is most likely going to be Hogberg/Tikkanen/Skarek and Lennox will get the bulk of the starts in WOR. Unless Hogberg is NA or bust, I think Kinkaid will just remain around on LI all season in case they get into a jam.

I really hope Hogberg is willing to be 'the guy' in BPT and Skarek FO's off to Europe. Tikkanen is intriguing, but I'm not convinced he has NHL potential yet.

In a perfect world...

NYI:
Sorokin
Varlamov

BPT:
Hogberg
Tikkanen

WOR:
Lennox
Appleby

Long Island EBUG:
Kinkaid

With Tikkanen/Lennox/Skarek not displaying an NHL potential to date this far, Hogberg being a total wildcard, and Varlamov under contract for 36 more months, it makes sense why they drafted Gamzin and Gidlof.

Last edited:

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
This is a favor for showing up at the practice facility all summer long to man the crease while roster players were training. Plus he is a Lamoriello soldier from his NJ days so we already know he respects the hell out of him.

BPT is most likely going to be Hogberg/Tikkanen/Skarek and Lennox will get the bulk of the starts in WOR. Unless Hogberg is NA or bust, I think Kinkaid will just remain around on LI all season in case they get into a jam.

I really hope Hogberg is willing to be 'the guy' in BPT and Skarek FO's off to Europe. Tikkanen is intriguing, but I'm not convinced he has NHL potential yet.

In a perfect world...

NYI:
Sorokin
Varlamov

BPT:
Hogberg
Tikkanen

WOR:
Lennox
Appleby

Long Island EBUG:
Kinkaid

With Tikkanen/Lennox/Skarek not displaying an NHL potential to date this far, Hogberg being a total wildcard, and Varlamov under contract for 36 more months, it makes sense why they drafted Gamzin and Gidlof.
I have a feeling they sign Kinkaid to a 2 way after camp and let him rock in Bridgeport with Hogberg/Tikkanen. Might as well carry 3 goalies there. He’ll atleast get some games to keep in shape vs sticking around the Island and practicing with the big club on the odd day/morning skate a goalie takes a day off from.

Reactions: seafoam

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
He's pretty bad but can be a decent 3rd string option in a pinch.

Completely agree. It's really smart to have NHL experience in the AHL for when a disaster pushes someone into action.

I'd rather have Kinkaid start a handful of games if needed, rather than mess up the development curve of young guy who is learning in the AHL.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA

Keith Kinkaid - (free agent)
Matt Martin - (free agent)
Brian Pinho - (signed with AHL Bridgeport)
Cole Bardeau - (signed with AHL Bridgeport)
Christian Krygier - (free agent)
Riley Piercey - (signed with AHL Bridgeport)
Matias Rajaniemi - (signed with AHL Bridgeport)
Justin Gill - (signed with AHL Bridgeport)
Wyatt Newpower - (signed with AHL Bridgeport)
Jack Randl - (signed with AHL Bridgeport)

Reactions: SI90

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad