PTO: [NYI] F Matt Martin signs PTO with the Islanders

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Wahlstrom might not even make it out of camp. Look at the cap situation. They’re over by about $900k.

I’m a little shocked by that, how on earth are they over the cap? There’s maybe 3 guys on that roster that would be top line/top pair/starting G on most playoff teams, where did the money go?

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
I’m a little shocked by that, how on earth are they over the cap? There’s maybe 3 guys on that roster that would be top line/top pair/starting G on most playoff teams, where did the money go?
It’s not by much but math adds up. There’s a lot of money tied up on the blue line.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Ya the previous 13 years playing there is clearly too small of sample. You’d think at this point you’d just either give him a contract or not. If he’s trying to earn a spot, you’d be better off going elsewhere

I mean, there’s kinda an aging curve and who knows how a guy is doing physically/after surgery. Bit reductive, I awesome there’s a reason they aren’t immediately signing him to a deal like they did last time.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Isles have zero toughness. How can they compete with MacDermid, Rempe and even Wilson and Reaves.
Only 1 of the 4 will do something stupid (as well as his captain). The other 3 are smarter at this point in their career. Also, Mayfield is still there and Romanov hits like a truck.

vandymeer13

Feb 8, 2017
Iowa
Considering they don't have anyone remotely tough this is a necessity. He can still throw his weight around and fight if he has to. Who else is gonna stand up for their teammate anders lee or scott mayfield?

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Mayfield is a middleweight. The Isles have always had a tough team. Sad unless Martin signs.
6'5 and 220lbs is a middle weight? Ok then. Rempe got manhandled by a guy whos 6'1 and weighs 220 as well. MacDermid doesn't go out of his way looking to hunt guys down unless they do something stupid and Reaves is lucky if he plays 25 games next season.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
You mean Olivier who is a career fighter. Check his fight card. Mayfield is a stay at home D with a bit of offense who occasionally fights if he has to. He’s not a heavyweight and that’s not fair to make him scrap these fighters.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
You mean Olivier who is a career fighter. Check his fight card. Mayfield is a stay at home D with a bit of offense who occasionally fights if he has to. He’s not a heavyweight and that’s not fair to make him scrap these fighters.
Considering how much fighting goes on in the NHL the past few years, I’m not worried. At the rate Rempe is going, he’ll phase himself out of the league when teams ignore his antics. Reaves will play what? 25-30 games and maybe 1 or 2 vs the Islanders. Yeah not worried about him or Macdermid who like I said will fight but actually understands the code and doesn’t run around trying to play in the Federal League from Slapshot like Rempe did last season. Lee is a massively large human being who will fight if he has to, Mayfield as well. Let’s cross that bridge when it gets there. I’m more concerned with Matt Martin getting to 1000 games than I am about 3 players on other teams in the league who will barely see ice time this season.

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
I feel like Columbus or San Jose could use him on the 4th line, you wouldn't play your rookies or prospects on the 4th line they would be better off in the AHL so it wouldn't take a spot from the young guns, and he could provide some leadership and physicality.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad