Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYI] F Liam Foudy signs with the Islanders (1 year, $775k, two-way)

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
He's not big. Foudy is light on his feet and has trouble staying on his skates the minute anyone comes near him. He plays a smart game in open ice though.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Great in junior.

Started great in the AHL and went downhill since.

Crapped the pants at the NHL level.

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
He's not big. Foudy is light on his feet and has trouble staying on his skates the minute anyone comes near him. He plays a smart game in open ice though.
I get what you are saying...I'm just saying he's 6'2 187. Not too bad....not a 5'9 guy. for a 1 yr flyer an league minimum, worth the risk

Taswell

Oct 4, 2017
He'll get fed some prime opportunity in Bridgeport to try and get himself back on track. Center depth there is woeful.

Reactions: MikeyMike01

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
From his stint on the Preds last year, I would agree that he looks a lot smaller than his listed size on the ice. He is fast and nimble, but pretty much inept at using that speed effectively because he has no offensive ability, and he isn't aggressive enough to engage or use it very well defensively or on the forecheck either. He's a good player in the AHL, however. He's going to have to figure out a way to become more physical if he wants to play as an NHL bottom-6 player, and it may simply not be in his nature to be able to do that. :dunno:

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Arguably the most predictable first round bust in the history of the league. Nothing he did as a 17 year old should've made him a first round pick. Me and my buddies who watched him play regularly in London laughed our asses off when Columbus picked him.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Do Isle fans think he will make the team?
He has a good camp. He has a shot at being at fourth line guy 13th forward and he’s fine for pretty much the league minimum so it’s not like it’s gonna cost really anything. Keep him on the roster if anything having him as the 12th or 14th allows us to have more money at the top of the lineup

More than likely, he will see a lot of time in the AHL

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Father played in the CFL and mother was a Canadian Olympian. Great kid, was hoping he'd sign for his hometown Leafs.
Leafs should have signed his mother as a baby sitter if he is such a good kid!

I predict he makes the team in NYI if he cuts his hair and doesn’t have any facial hair at spring camp!…. Old man Lou (that old horse trader) still has a few tricks up his sleeve!

Reactions: ToneDog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad