Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYI] F Kyle MacLean signs extension with the Islanders (3 years)

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Always great to see when an older prospect who has put in the time in the minors, get rewarded when they finally make it. No question MacLean looked like a solid bottom sixer when he got to the majors this season…he’s here to stay. Certainly not the sniper his dad was but I think in a pool of failed and underwhelming prospects, to have unearthed a contributor out of MacLean is a very welcomed event for the Isles.

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
I love the fact that Lou never gives out the numbers on these. We have to guess for the next 3 months.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Lou was definately one of the stronger voices telling the NHL that contract information shouldn’t be so public.

This contract reminds me of that.

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
3 years is a bit generous but he did really well after Roy took over.
Depends on how old the player is. Kyle just turned 25, so for three years you get his aged 25, aged 26, and aged 27 seasons. Typically, a player's prime.

Virtually no risk here, especially considering the cap hit.

Reactions: SI90

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Depends on how old the player is. Kyle just turned 25, so for three years you get his aged 25, aged 26, and aged 27 seasons. Typically, a player's prime.

Virtually no risk here, especially considering the cap hit
Just saw its $775AAV. If he continues to play this way or even better that’s an absolute home run for a guy who can hold down the 4C spot

Last edited:
Reactions: Realgud and EXTRAS

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
I did a "WHO??" take on this signing tbh

Most fans of other teams would, he only played a few months at the NHL level.

Yup, just enough time for the announcer to remind me of his dad, John Maclean. Dude was a bit forgotten by history- had 3 straight 40 goal seasons and an 87 point campaign. Anywho, good for his kid.

Reactions: BKarchitect

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Yup, just enough time for the announcer to remind me of his dad, John Maclean. Dude was a bit forgotten by history- had 3 straight 40 goal seasons and an 87 point campaign. Anywho, good for his kid.
Not by me. Felt like he was always scoring against the Islanders.

Re Kyle - he probably was held back by his wingers. He flashes occasional skill, but for the most part he's a good athlete - strong, and pretty fast. He needs to round out faceoffs, and PK. If he does he can be a bottom 6 forward for a while. He can do the job at ES right now.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Noticed him down the stretch in a few Isles games and was like "who is this MacLean guy, seems like he's a good fit?" He's clearly surpassed many drafted players in the Isles prospect ranks with his hard work, so good for him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad