Proposal: NYI-ARZ-EDM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
Logically, a first for Edmonton in the 20's is worth Varlamov. For some reason people put a lot of stock in a pick that's "supposed" to be in the 20's, when the actuality of it is that pick won't make an NHL squad the first couple of years after being drafted, let alone make an impact. So if Edmonton's good with their goalie situation than I'd understand not making the trade.

I think an unprotected 1st, another 1st, a 2nd line LW and legit NHL prospect D for Chychrun is absurb but when he's eventually traded we'll see if that's the return. He's a really good defenseman but he's injured and has had a horrible season regardless of how bad the Yotes have been.

If I'm Arizona there's no way I'm trading him unless there's even a remote resemblance to the player that's played for them the previous year.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Am I reading this wrong?
Edmonton is giving up 2 2022 1st rounders for a goalie they don't have any don't need?
LMAO this is what happens when grandma spikes the egg nog.

I don’t believe you LYAO. Since the Oilers only have 1 first in 2022 how about the proposal was to send it to NY then NY sends it to Arizona . This is what happens when grandson gets into the eggnog. I know you were joking and I am too . Merry Christmas

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
This seems expensive as an Oilers fix for goalie. But the oilers do have an issue in net. The decent start their goalies got off to has been exposed as mirage as the sample size got bigger. They should offer Chicago that 2022 1st for MAF retained.
honestly, the Oil's biggest issue is their bottom 6. when McDavid and Dri aren't on the ice, they're getting hammered

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
To Islanders--Edmonton 1st 2022 and Koskinen

To Edmonton-- Varlamov

To Arizona--Islanders 1st 2022, Edmonton 1st 2022, Beauvillier, Bolduc

To Islanders---Chychrun
Islanders are getting Chychrun, Edm 1st 2022 and Koskinen for Varlomov? Okay…

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Worse numbers than what? Surely you aren't ignorant enough to base the quality of a goalie's ability on a half a dozen starts in an irregular season? Or maybe you are...
The last 2 seasons have been irregular and its not going to change going forward so yeah if Varlamov is putting up terrible numbers under a far superior coaches system than yeah I'm not willing to incurr an extra year on a goalie who will stop the team from addressing the issue long term again this summer all while paying a first to have the priviledge to do so. Why would anyone pay a first to acquire a goalie during a down year?

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I don’t believe you LYAO. Since the Oilers only have 1 first in 2022 how about the proposal was to send it to NY then NY sends it to Arizona . This is what happens when grandson gets into the eggnog. I know you were joking and I am too . Merry Christmas

I honestly haven't had egg nog in years. I don't think I've been in a western country for Christmas since 2005 or 2006. But I was honestly a bit confused. Merry Christmas!

Reactions: Sparksrus3

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Islanders are getting Chychrun, Edm 1st 2022 and Koskinen for Varlomov? Okay…
Isles are also giving up a 2022 1st, Beauvillier and Bolduc based on his offers. The latter (eventhough it’s more of a stretch), is more realistic of an offer. No one wants Koskinen just like no one wants Matt Murray. Let him be Edmonton’s cap issue.

Reactions: AZviaNJ

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Isles are also giving up a 2022 1st, Beauvillier and Bolduc based on his offers. The latter (eventhough it’s more of a stretch), is more realistic of an offer. No one wants Koskinen just like no one wants Matt Murray. Let him be Edmonton’s cap issue.
Koskinen has half a season left on his contract stop acting like he's some long term cap issue for any team at this point. Let Varlamov be Islanders cap issues this and next year would be a more appropriate response. Also look at Bolduucs stat line in the AHL this year the guy will be lucky to carve out a career as a 7d going forward.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Both Varlamov and Koskinen have some trade protection... so right there it probably won' thappen since not many players waive to come to Edmonton.

Assming both would, I'd want Skarek added in as well.

FTR.. the player I want in all this is chychrum. I do think Varlamov would be great though, I get he has poor stats right now but he is a proven goalie and what we need.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Koskinen has half a season left on his contract stop acting like he's some long term cap issue for any team at this point. Let Varlamov be Islanders cap issues this and next year would be a more appropriate response. Also look at Bolduucs stat line in the AHL this year the guy will be lucky to carve out a career as a 7d going forward.
You mean Varlamov who’s having a rough year after starting a month into the season and playing infront of a team who started on the road for 13 games and has been forced by the league to play numerous games with almost the full Bridgeport blue line? I guess that makes Koskinen the better pickup if we’re going to go there. Guy couldn’t stop a puck before the contract and still can’t yet you’re trying to dump him on other teams. Varlamov however has had a few uncharacteristic rough outings this year and he must be written off.
As for Bolduc, it’s 20 games into one AHL season. I guess he’s done as a prospect too.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
You mean Varlamov who’s having a rough year after starting a month into the season and playing infront of a team who started on the road for 13 games and has been forced by the league to play numerous games with almost the full Bridgeport blue line? I guess that makes Koskinen the better pickup if we’re going to go there. Guy couldn’t stop a puck before the contract and still can’t yet you’re trying to dump him on other teams. Varlamov however has had a few uncharacteristic rough outings this year and he must be written off.
As for Bolduc, it’s 20 games into one AHL season. I guess he’s done as a prospect too.
Did I say Koskinen was the better pick up but atleast his contract ends after this year and we aren't stuck with another underperforming goalie for another year of McDrais contracts. In what world where a goalie is injured and putting up terrible numbers who is 33 years old would actually return a first? The Bolduc comment was actually towards thinking him plus Beav and 2 firsts get you Chychrun and buddy up top actually had the nerve to say the Islanders say no like cmon.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
The Bolduc comment was actually towards thinking him plus Beav and 2 firsts get you Chychrun and buddy up top actually had the nerve to say the Islanders say no like cmon.

Islanders say no to two firsts, Beau and Bolduc for Jakob. Easy pass.

I get it though, the proven goaltender who is having a rough season isn't worth anything but the currently injured D having a rough season is worth more than a 20-25 goal-scoring proven LW, 2 1sts and a 2nd round defensive prospect.

Like I said, we'll see but if Chyrchun gets the equivalent of three first rounders plus a second rounder I'll change my avatar to a Yotes one for a year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad