Proposal: NY Rangers - Stars

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
bold substantiates the underline

leaving for Russia not a big deal to most b'c at some pt he is under a real contract with term
this is not an airhead whose gonna bolt during his deal.

this is a kid who is telling drury, ef you, better to be pissed off than to be pissed on, my preseason etc warranted a roster spot YOU failed to provide.
Krav has his act together, he is waiting on Drury to do likewise.

Complete bullshit

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
the risk outweighs the reward from an armchair maybe.
Say Drury and krav somehow squash the bad blood. They won’t, but for arguments sake.
It doesn’t send a good message or set a good precedent to the younger guys that saw this whole soap opera play out life, then see krav come back and basically given a top line/top 6 slot.
Don’t work hard, don’t go thru the process, don’t deal with the adversity, just cause a scene run home, abandon your team and eventually you’ll be gifted a top 6 slot on a hardworking playoff tram???
Drury giving in to kravs demands and doing that would effectively castrate himself when it comes to any young player taking him at his word to work hard, go thru the process, put team 1st, basically everything the rangers have done to reset their team culture.
He’s most likely never to suit up for NYR again.... that’s just the facts of the situation. They can play nice for the media/public all they want, but Drury can’t stand him and kravy obviously feels the same way.
The best chance for him to pump his value is what he’s doing in Russia now.
If you think Drury is going to wait and drag this thing out for 2,3 years before finding the perfect return, ive got a bridge to sell you.
Drury will take whatever deal he feels helps the future of NYR, more then having krav playing in Russia, or trying to get him to come back and not hurt his feelings again.
Once a player publicly demands out, it also hurts his value, we saw that with Eichel and countless others.
So you can add that in to the damage is already done to his value as well.
I do think he bring back more then lias however.
But nothing near a top 10 or even top 20 pick no way not happening.
Maybe another talented reclamation project whose going thru something similar on a different team......
The most likely scenario is he is included as part of a larger trade package to get a player the rangers want. Perhaps a young 2C.
Examples. Lundkvist+ kravtsov+???? For whoever
Or Chytil+ Kravtsov+ ???? For whoever
In that type of situation he certainly gives opposing GMs an extra initiative to make a trade because if he works out, he could be a very solid piece for that team. If hi problems continue, he’s not the main piece of the deal going back.....

this ^ is one interpretation
another is
there is a natural equiilibrium between mgmt + labor incl in sports
and the bs Drury pulled
--- by going so hard after this guy
after his predecessors gave Lias Andersson more than he deserved ---
Drury getting called out is a good thing.

And he only stays IF he cuts the mustard once here, which MUST be legit shot, legit duration, top linemates if the objective is to determine his potential as a first liner.

So equilibrium will be restored.
Drury will eat some humble pie
and
because he did so and is more careful about using, not abusing the privilege.
he will be a better team Pres
and because of THAT
hopefully the next Krav situation is avoided before it starts.

==========
deal Strome, make space add Barron, then Krav
and let it roll

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Don't think I'd be too opposed to this.

Not too familiar with Kravtsov or Eriksson, but I'm cool with Dallas at least getting something back for a fading Radulov.

Beats letting him walk away for free. :dunno:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

Not too familiar with Kravtsov or Eriksson, but I'm cool with Dallas at least getting something back for a fading Radulov.

points for honesty

also proves my pt, no, don't pay upside of youth for vets who MAY or may NOT have enuf in the tank to even deliver short term

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
points for honesty

also proves my pt, no, don't pay upside of youth for vets who MAY or may NOT have enuf in the tank to even deliver short term

Depends on how optimistic your GM is, come the trade deadline.

If Dallas fades into oblivion and the Rangers are making a push for home ice advantage, I could still see them taking a swing at Radulov. He isn't TOO far removed from being a valuable asset both in the regular season and in the playoffs.

Does seem like the wheels have fallen off so far this season, but that could be a coaching issue as there are a number of underperforming Stars right now. Maybe a change of scenery would do him good. Or a new coach.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016

Kravtsov was Rangers 2018 1st round pick but leaves for Russia everytime he gets assigned to the AHL and some Ranger fans believe that he is still worth a 1st round pick :whaaa?: and Albin Eriksson was a 2nd round pick in 2018 that’s somewhat of a unknown to fans outside of Dallas and is still raw as a developing prospect.

Radulov UFA and Kravtsov RFA are going to be coming to the end of their current deals, Eriksson has to be signed to contract by June 1st 2022 or the Stars lose Eriksson’s rights and Tinordi still has 1 more year left on his deal at 900k and is a viable 6-7 option as a physical defenseman with limited minutes.

Reactions: Dr Pepper

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Depends on how optimistic your GM is, come the trade deadline.

If Dallas fades into oblivion and the Rangers are making a push for home ice advantage, I could still see them taking a swing at Radulov. He isn't TOO far removed from being a valuable asset both in the regular season and in the playoffs.

Does seem like the wheels have fallen off so far this season, but that could be a coaching issue as there are a number of underperforming Stars right now. Maybe a change of scenery would do him good. Or a new coach.

cheap buy maybe, but why waste futures on guy we are not bringing back next yr due to cap?

Rad is not a match for youth
he could be like going back w/a + for Strome if you thought you'd sign him
or
like Nemeth + a 6th which could morph into something higher depending on
- if Rangers make playoffs
- how well does Rad play
etc

expect Stars get better offer, so no suggest made
--------------------------

ongoing kudos for your avatar

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
cheap buy maybe, but why waste futures on guy we are not bringing back next yr due to cap?

Rad is not a match for youth
he could be like going back w/a + for Strome if you thought you'd sign him
or
like Nemeth + a 6th which could morph into something higher depending on
- if Rangers make playoffs
- how well does Rad play
etc

expect Stars get better offer, so no suggest made
--------------------------

ongoing kudos for your avatar

It's supposed to be a gif, not sure why it isn't loading for me right now.

Guess that's pretty ironic. :laugh:

Also, no interest in Nemeth, he had a longish stint in Dallas already. Don't need any retreads.

Reactions: bernmeister

AKA Chief

Sep 29, 2017
Radulov for Kravtsov is fair. No one is going to overpay for Kravtsov and Radulov provides real scoring depth at a position of need (since Drury got rid of Buchnevich needlessly). I would rather the Rangers get a C who can win FO's and a D upgrade in the top 4 to contend this year, but I would rather have Radulov than some #6 Dman or some 4th line forward.

Forget the additions. The Rangers aren't going to get a top 6 winger "and a prospect" for Kravtsov. Tinordi stinks and doesn't add anything to the deal except some min cap space for the Rangers.

Reactions: Maurice of Orange

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Radulov for Kravtsov is fair. No one is going to overpay for Kravtsov and Radulov provides real scoring depth at a position of need (since Drury got rid of Buchnevich needlessly). I would rather the Rangers get a C who can win FO's and a D upgrade in the top 4 to contend this year, but I would rather have Radulov than some #6 Dman or some 4th line forward.

Forget the additions. The Rangers aren't going to get a top 6 winger "and a prospect" for Kravtsov. Tinordi stinks and doesn't add anything to the deal except some min cap space for the Rangers.

I think a top 6 RW, top4 LD, and middle 6 C are the wishlist, in that order

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
:rangersAcquire: RW Alex Radulov (50% retained by Dallas) and LW Albin Eriksson

:starsAcquire: RW Vitali Kravtsov, LD Jarred Tinordi and a 6th round pick in 2022

NYR adds Radulov as 3RW for playoff run to alleviate pressure on other forwards and could even be slotted opposite Panarin in a pinch to up Radulov’s game and New York also adds Swedish prospect Eriksson.

Radulov is a UFA at seasons end, so he is only a rental.

Dallas adds RFA Kravtsov to compete with the other Stars prospects at a roster spot next season if he signs a new contract, and big 6-7 physical defenseman Tinordi.

Dallas has been missing Oleksiak so Tinordi might replace some of the physicality on the Stars blueline, but isn’t a big minute defender.

It’s a low risk and potential reward for both teams.

Oh no now you gone and did it . Prepare to face the wrath of Bernmeister

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

not dealing youth for vets
and
we are better off having Krav return and perform to a high standard

on top of this, not clear what Rad has left in the tank

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Forgive me if I got my stats mixed up.
Players are their KHL numbers in their draft+4 season

Panarin: 40 in 51 (0.78)
Kuznetsov: 21 in 31 (0.68)
Kaprizov: 51 in 57 (0.89)

Kravtsov: 12 in 17 (0.71) with 11 games remaining.
It is reasonable to believe Kravtsov will be a good player. Less reasonable to believe he is going to be special like the above but if you look at the numbers, it gives you hope. He should be able to match Kuznetsov for example.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT

Radulov is not providing much scoring punch for Dallas, but thats gonna change in NY??

Highly doubtful

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
We aren’t going to spend a lot as “buyers” so if Radulov can be obtained cheaply as Plan C, we should kick the tires. It won’t be for Krat however.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
We aren’t going to spend a lot as “buyers” so if Radulov can be obtained cheaply as Plan C, we should kick the tires. It won’t be for Krat however.

while there's a dif between cheap and and an unproductive splurge
wasting assets
needs to be considered

also, wasting minutes that would otherwise go to guys like Barron now and Krav when he gets here

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
He didn't earn a spot on the Rangers.

Got outplayed by other players.

By who? Hunt? LOL, OK. He was garbage in the preseason. Gauthier, who also didn't make it and didn't come up until the Blais injury?

He assumed the job was his and got a reality check.

The organization should have never told him to not go to rookie camp if the job wasn't his to take. That's piss-poor communication by them.

Get real.

It happens.

Name me another organization that recently has had...

1. Several young players publicly voice similar gripes about them.

2. An assistant GM that called a player a "quitter" for exercising a clause in his contract that said assistant GM helped negotiate.

3. Has had 2 consecutive top-10 picks walk out on the organization.

4. Has had 2 consecutive top-2 picks struggle THIS much.

5. Hasn't developed a 60+ point forward in about 30 years.

I'll wait.

Keep ignoring it because it fits your narrative, but this organization is HORRENDOUS at developing forwards. While you're at it why don't you point to Chytil going down and being a good soldier, because he's the shining example you want to use to defend sheer incompentence.

Last edited:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
He didn't earn a spot on the Rangers.

Got outplayed by other players.

He assumed the job was his and got a reality check.

It happens.

yes it happens but it didn't here
why?
b'c he did not get fair shot w/top line

can't say he was outplayed by competition if he was not truly allowed to compete

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Kravtsov was Rangers 2018 1st round pick but leaves for Russia everytime he gets assigned to the AHL and some Ranger fans believe that he is still worth a 1st round pick :whaaa?: and Albin Eriksson was a 2nd round pick in 2018 that’s somewhat of a unknown to fans outside of Dallas and is still raw as a developing prospect.

Radulov UFA and Kravtsov RFA are going to be coming to the end of their current deals, Eriksson has to be signed to contract by June 1st 2022 or the Stars lose Eriksson’s rights and Tinordi still has 1 more year left on his deal at 900k and is a viable 6-7 option as a physical defenseman with limited minutes.
Lol, when’s the last time you saw Tinordi play? To keep this short, the word viable doesnt exactly come to mind. I’d rather throw his dad out there and he’s prob about 55. You can have him and a 3rd to rent Rad the Nad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad