Proposal: NY Rangers / Coyotes - Kessel for Kravtsov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Rangers don't struggle with making plays (as they often over pass), they can't seem to put the puck in the net during 5 on 5 play and create zone opportunities. Kessel has 4 even strength 5 on 5 goals, I don't see how this helps as much as the OP suggest for 5 on 5 scoring.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Kessel for Kravtsov straight across, no retention.

Rangers sit 22nd in 5-on-5 scoring, weakest among current playoff position teams. Kessel would be 5th in scoring among Rangers forwards, but specifically Kessel's 5-on-5 scoring would help an area of weakness without detracting elsewhere.

For Kravtsov, a fresh start in a low intensity market like Arizona where there will be plenty of playing time and opportunities might be attractive.

The Coyotes have lots of picks and really should be looking for a few prospects as returns at the trade deadline. Coyotes are in a place where they can take on the risk with Kravtsov, where the Rangers may want to cash out his value and use it to improve for a playoff run.

Phil the Thrill takes on the Hot Dog Stands of New York. (And maybe wins another Stanley Cup)
NO

Kessel isn’t worth Kravtsov
yes

22 year old recent top 10 for a 36 year old?
nope
NYR are NOT in full go-for-it mode, their window is just opening, they are not yet a top ~6 Cup contender, they don't have that level of urgency

add Jenik ...
yes

The Rangers aren't looking to recreate the Lias Andersson for a 2nd round pick trade.
yes

Nope, can get Kessel a lot cheaper.

kravtsov for Lehkonen should be the deal the rangers make imo
no

I disagree. You guys are unexpected there! A year early from most takes. Your cap space blows next yr, get a hired merc and go. I mean as a Devs fan , DON'T! But giving up some prospects to win has got to be a green light for Dolan!
HELL NO
win now bs not effective

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Didn’t you get the memo? Krav’s value is a top 10 pick at the moment. It’s set at his draft status until he gets a meaningful chance to play. Until then, teams must pay what the Rangers used to acquire him.

Sarcasm btw

Teams likely value him at a 2nd. Rangers likely value him at more then a 2nd, hence, he hasn’t been traded.

I could see a scenario where he gets dealt for an early/mid 2nd rounder during the draft if there’s a guy they like on the board. The Rangers would know what prospect they are landing and they could throw the narrative of player X being a guy they valued as a first rounder who fell to a spot where they could land him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad