Post-Game Talk: Nurse Skinned the Oilers

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011

Looked like more than cramps and equipment problems last night. Not a good sign.

Welp, it was a nice run considering the absolute shit start to the season. Fitting it ends to the shitbags that started the downward spiral. The further the Cansucks go, the bigger the riot, at least

In all seriousness, this and the Henrique injury severely tests the depth of the team. We'll see if they have what it takes (last night's game was not exactly inspiring)

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

Looked like more than cramps and equipment problems last night. Not a good sign.

No its not.
I am confident in saying that if Leon is out for an extended period of time in this series the Oilers are not likely to win more than one game.

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
No its not.
I am confident in saying that if Leon is out for an extended period of time in this series the Oilers are not likely to win more than one game.

They should still be able to win more than one game with the Canucks best player still out. But it would require a level of effort and commitment that I'm not sure this group has

Reactions: guymez

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
They do but when a player makes $9.25M its inexcusable.
Its laughable that Nurse is the highest paid dman on this team.

Obviously brother. That's why even a player like Jordan Greenway chirped him couple years ago "you make 9 million and don't do shit." That contract remains to be the biggest anchor on this team. Would be nice if we could move him. Nurse gets worse and worse every year.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Obviously brother. That's why even a player like Jordan Greenway chirped him couple years ago "you make 9 million and don't do shit." That contract remains to be the biggest anchor on this team. Would be nice if we could move him. Nurse gets worse and worse every year.
I do remember that.
I am not necessarily a fan of Greenway but he was spot on with that chirp.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I do remember that.
I am not necessarily a fan of Greenway but he was spot on with that chirp.

Guaranteed he's not the only one in the league who thinks that way regarding #25. I have no idea how Nurse decides the way he plays each game. One game, he has a physical edge. The next, he tries to act like he's Cale Makar out there. Would be nice to get rid of him and his contract, but he's literally unmovable imo.

Reactions: frag2

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Guaranteed he's not the only one in the league who thinks that way regarding #25. I have no idea how Nurse decides the way he plays each game. One game, he has a physical edge. The next, he tries to act like he's Cale Makar out there. Would be nice to get rid of him and his contract, but he's literally unmovable imo.
I honestly cant remember the last time I saw the version of Nurse that had a physical edge.

Reactions: frag2 and oobga

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
They won't bench Nurse. But they can still bench Ceci.
They could. Not sure how much difference it would make.
Stecher still has to play with Nurse.

Every player they have tried with Nurse doesnt work out.

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
They could. Not sure how much difference it would make.
Stecher still has to play with Nurse.

Nurse sucks but upgrading his partner would help. He needs someone that can actually move the puck, which is Stecher. Nurse has always looked best when he has a partner that can handle the offensive side of the game. He's trying to do too much, as always, because Ceci is an even bigger plug

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Nurse and Ceci still together? Jesus f***ing christ

• Haha
Reactions: Oilhawks and oobga

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Nurse sucks but upgrading his partner would help. He needs someone that can actually move the puck, which is Stecher. Nurse has always looked best when he has a partner that can handle the offensive side of the game. He's trying to do too much, as always, because Ceci is an even bigger plug
Well...okay.
I am going to try and take a step back here.

Its entirely possible (and quite likely) that Knoblauch is treating last nights game the same way he treated game 2 vs the Kings by giving the players another chance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad