Post-Game Talk: Nurse Skinned the Oilers

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Knob got polished tonight.

Canucks broke it out with ease and Oilers decided that everyone not named Bouch should be able to make 40 ft stretch passes - guess what? They couldn't.

Nurse - Ceci make me want to get a colonoscopy.

Skinner just not good enough.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Man...when a team has a $9.25M liability (that hurts hi steam far too often) its so so hard to recover from that.

I mean the Canucks coaching staff deserves credit for focussing on that paring and exploiting them.
I still dont know what the F Nurse was doing (I think it was the tying goal) leaving a Canucks player all alone at the side of the net while he sits in no mans land and watches the puck go right to that player.
I watched that and honestly couldnt figure out WTF he was doing.
Yeh like WTF. There was no where that puck was going except for the Nuck sitting at the side of the net for the tip. Nurse sits in the slot potentially screening a shot. And doesn’t pick up the only danger the play. This is why I say Nurse is sleeping all the time. His brain goes into this mode where he’s like , “maybe if I play like I don’t care it won’t hurt so much if I get burned.”

Reactions: guymez

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I think this fanbase often confuses turtling with an inability to generate anything because of getting clamped and/or a lack of speed throughout the lineup.

When a team pressures our D, we can't break out at all. We're forced to chip the puck out or make sloppy breakout, which means we're always chasing the game, and thus never able to generate offense.

This team doesn't try and not generate offense ever. They get shut down because of their transition game under pressure
The D outs tonight were horrible. Stecher would help that too. Transition game suffered, and there was no quality D service.

Reactions: Oilhawks

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Janmark had a good game. He wasnt the problem.

He was excellent on the PK. But he's not a top 6 forward and shouldn't be played as one. That's my point. Holloway shouldn't be drowning playing bottom 6 minutes still either.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

That first 15 seconds tells me all I needed to know. Tried to protect the lead with an inept 2nd pairing and a rattled goalie instead of trying to light their goalie up. Stupid decision.

They don’t have the defensive fortitude to play shut down hockey. They know they’re going to need to score 5+ to win most games, go out and hang 6 up. Low hanging fruit with Silvos in net. Apparently Skinner was lower hanging fruit.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Shoot the f***ing puck, Connor. Also get Janmark off his f***ing line. I don't dislike Janmark, but how the f*** is he on L1? There's been enough games to show evidently enough that Janmark is NOT a top 6 forward. Get that shit out of here, Knoblauch. Play Dylan Holloway if Henrique isn't back next game otherwise GTFO.

McD was the worst player on his line. That can't happen. That should NEVER happen in playoffs. Janmark did as well as can be expected. he can't replace both Henrique and McD missing.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Holland needed to get a legitimate upgrade on Ceci, yes

However, the coach has a better option in Stecher, and if he refuses to use him, that's on him.
Im really not sold on Stetcher. He has his own warts. The 6D coming out of Arizona I don’t consider a viable upgrade. Maybe he’ll bring more speed and puck moving than Ceci, but he has his warts too, there’s lots of chaos in his game that could hurt us in different ways imo.

Reactions: K1984

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
Only Bouch and Ekholm had hits out of our entire d-core. What did I say leading up to the game? We are in for a world of hurt if we dont match Nucks' physicality and it showed tonight

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Im really not sold on Stetcher. He has his own warts. The 6D coming out of Arizona I don’t consider a viable upgrade. Maybe he’ll bring more speed and puck moving than Ceci, but he has his warts too, there’s lots of chaos in his game that could hurt us in different ways imo.
He wasnt their 6D though.

He gets to pucks faster, moves them faster, provides more offense, just just doesnt "box" out as well as ceci due to being smaller.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
The odd time 37 does something and you think its great so you assume its 97.

This time it looked like 97 was playing like 37 with how he was handling the puck lots.
I hope he isnt hurt.
I just have no explanation for his performance tonight.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
He was a top 4 d for them. I think 2nd or 3rd in icetime.

Reactions: guymez

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
We really shouldn’t have ran back Foegele too. We saw two playoffs of complete nothing from him. I was hopeful he’d bring more this time around after a good contract year. But he is showing to be what we knew he was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad