Post-Game Talk: Nurse Skinned the Oilers

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
For the next 2 seasons we can. We actually gain over a mill in cap space on top of his contract being gone next year if we buy him out this summer.
It goes
-1.2mill
9m
9.5m
9.5m
9.5m

Then 6 years of 1.5.
So really buying him out is very beneficial for the next 2 seasons, which is our window.

Man those 4 years will feel like walking 300 miles in a scorching hot desert exclusively made up of broken bottles, meth pipes and used needles.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
I think the first half of the third was fine tbh. Canucks had like 5 shots in 8 min and nothing was dangerous. JT Miller scored on a hero tip, shit happens.

Zadorov hail Mary needs to be saved or blocked. If you're not blocking it f***ing move out of the way. At worst you're going to OT. Lmao the last goal was a meme.

I don't really get the panic. Skinner scores on himself twice, they got a joke bounce of the backboard for a third. Skinner probably played the worst game of the year, but I've seen him have 2 or 3 more gears, silovs has nothing else.

The team finally got rewarded for their poor effort tonight, LA didn't punish them, Van did. The fact it took luck and us spotting them 2 free goals to lose a game we never really showed up too, shouldn't be that concerning.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Don’t know how anyone could watch that game and not think Nurse-Ceci is a huge f***in issue for this team. And has been in every single playoffs they’ve played for us.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Silov didn't put a puck in his own net and didn't let in 3 bad goals, only 2, and he's not even supposed to be playing. Skinner is supposed to be our starter. God give me strength ;)
I agree, its not a good situation.
The Oilers needed to get another goalie they trusted more than Pickard to be a 1A 1B situation than Skinner/Pickard.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
The weird thing is the Oilers had the blue print in the first period to beat this Canucks team and they just abandoned it. They were dominating the Canucks with their speed on the perimeter cycle and were patiently attacking the middle ice. After the first period they completely stopped doing this. The Canucks offence is not scary. They forecheck hard, but their transition game and general creativity in the offensive zone is middling at best. They clog the middle ice well in their own zone, but as I said the Oilers showed they can exploit that they just stopped moving their feet.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Please tell me that Knob doesn't think this lineup can just sit on leads for entire periods. How could anyone think that? Has he ever seen Nurse and Ceci play together?

The only way this team can defend leads is by attacking and keeping the puck as far from our zone as possible for as long as possible. LA was a 1-line team that wanted to play the trap. Being able to sit back against them and still win is no indication that you can pull it off against a good team, and there are only good teams left in these playoffs.

Exactly. The nucks aren't the trapping kings. The team was obviously coached/advised to turtle defense in the 3rd. I said it to my family in the 3rd that this team cannot sit back defensively and play passively against a canucks team as they're not like the trap kings and will make you pay if you do so. Results clearly f***ing showed it right after. Knoblauch had the perfect opportunity to use his timeout to wake the team up after the nucks tied it, but he just stands there on the bench. Wtf is the point of being the head coach if you don't adapt to changes and be more assertive? Got his ass handed by Tocchet tonight.

Reactions: Oilhawks and oobga

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
They will, but if that's still a part of this team's game they'll never win a cup let alone make a SCF. I'll give them a pass tonight because of the ridiculous week off from NHL scheduling, but if they have another performance like that I have zero faith in this team ever seeing a SCF in the McDrai era.
They can still win but I knew some of the guys on the thread here were guilty of over exuberance prior to the game.

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
Skinner be damned, we continue to get absolutely shut down and outgunned by a more physical d-core and speedy lineup. Why is Perry on this team and so revered? The guy does nothing out there in any facet of the game. He's worse than Lucic. Brown, same thing. Our slow, old, and pathetic bottom 6 is going to lose us this series because all the nucks had to do tonight was wake up, shut down mcd, and they completely shit on us for the 2nd half of the game

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
I'm not expecting the Oilers to get more than one power play per game in this series. Drai gets dragged to the box when there should have only been one penalty called there. If he didn't slash the clown back there would have been zero penalties. The Holland penalty was a joke as was Browns. Vancouver embelleshed on both those calls.

Not that it should take away from the Oilers completely shitting all over themselves to lose this game but the NHL is the only sports league in the world where a team that is too good at a facet of the game gets punished for it.

Great job by the refs ignoring the closed hand on the puck from Vancouver as well. It's comical at this point how obvious they are about it.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Man those 4 years will feel like walking 300 miles in a scorching hot desert exclusively made up of broken bottles, meth pipes and used needles.
I mean the team won’t be winning a cup or even challenging in those years anyways. We got 2 after this to make it count.

Maybe we can convince Toronto to trade him for Marner.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I think the first half of the third was fine tbh. Canucks had like 5 shots in 8 min and nothing was dangerous. JT Miller scored on a hero tip, shit happens.

Zadorov hail Mary needs to be saved or blocked. If you're not blocking it f***ing move out of the way. At worst you're going to OT. Lmao the last goal was a meme.

I don't really get the panic. Skinner scores on himself twice, they got a joke bounce of the backboard for a third. Skinner probably played the worst game of the year, but I've seen him have 2 or 3 more gears, silovs has nothing else.

The team finally got rewarded for their poor effort tonight, LA didn't punish them, Van did. The fact it took luck and us spotting them 2 free goals to lose a game we never really showed up too, shouldn't be that concerning.
Or if you're trying to do something, move closer to the shooter so even if it deflects skinner has more time to pick it up.

Instead the 3 oilers just stand in the way thinking about their grocery lists.

I mean the team won’t be winning a cup or even challenging in those years anyways. We got 2 after this to make it count.

Maybe we can convince Toronto to trade him for Marner.
After we get Gavin McKenna next year, we'll be good to go.

Reactions: North Cole

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
A team that loses 5 games straight is not the better team.
They have to show that they are the better team and until they do that we shouldnt be handing that to them.

The regular season isn't the playoffs

If they are thinking that way (loser mentality, all due respect), then the series is over. The Avs sure didn't give a shit about the Jets owning them in the regular season.

Reactions: NedPlimpton

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Don’t know how anyone could watch that game and not think Nurse-Ceci is a huge f***in issue for this team. And has been in every single playoffs they’ve played for us.
They are and unfortunately the $9.25M dman is the bigger problem.
Thats been the case most of the season.
I dont know WTF the team does with that reality.

In any event we will find out a lot about this team next game.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Didn’t hear but why wasn’t Henrique not playing tonight
Ankle injury from the LA series. A week to rest and still not good to go. But I think he’s listed day to day. So he may come back soon.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Skinner be damned, we continue to get absolutely shut down and outgunned by a more physical d-core and speedy lineup. Why is Perry on this team and so revered? The guy does nothing out there in any facet of the game. He's worse than Lucic. Brown, same thing. Our slow, old, and pathetic bottom 6 is going to lose us this series because all the nucks had to do tonight was wake up, shut down mcd, and they completely shit on us for the 2nd half of the game
Funny thing is the Canucks are not a speedy line up they just work hard. The Oilers stopped working and stopped doing what was very effective in the first.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
1715233081626.png

Nurse/Ceci. How is this still a pairing?

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Not making excuses but it's pathetic we didn't get a single penalty in our favor. Not even 1. Technicality bench call served by Garland really? That's it nothing else? f***ing refs I hate this stupid league that for some reason wants to punish its marquee stars.

Reactions: TheNumber4

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
The regular season isn't the playoffs

If they are thinking that way (loser mentality, all due respect), then the series is over. The Avs sure didn't give a shit about the Jets owning them in the regular season.
Yeah...Leaf fans were saying the same thing last season before the Panthers series.

Until this team beats the Canucks they arent the better team.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Shades of last year PTSD.
Skinner can't play well. Nurse and Ceci being prime dumb and dumber leading to goals against on this team. How Ken Holland watched 25/5 being feasted upon by VGK and Colorado from the past 2 years and then still be content for a 3rd time is just comical to witness. I'm glad that shitbag is gone after this season. Biggest fraud of a GM I've ever seen.
Is 15 goals against and 3 goals for against VGK and Colorado bad? I don’t think so because a good GM would have upgraded. Right? right?

Reactions: McAsuno

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad