Post-Game Talk: Nurse Skinned the Oilers

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Yeah. There was going to be no call. Clear as day, until Drai chopped him back. How does the NHL not have the back, excuse pun, of one of its superstars. If this is hockey now just get a gorilla out there taking out the stars of the game. Matching penalty....ffs

The fact that aside from the 1st nucks penalty, how they apparently played a clean game the rest of the way is just typical NHL officiating in a nutshell. Then typical Kozari picking his spots to call a penalty. Nothing new with this bush league as its a full league problem, but no accountability or change will ever be bestows upon them.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
He hasn't shown he can play Vancouver once all season. Nucks represent different challenges than a Kings club that wasn't even involved. The Kings team had zero belief and only Kempe going. Nucks have the belief and will shoot from a lot of different angles and try anything. Why not? Skinners in net. Chance anything will go.

Even in first period on 4 SOG Nucks got a post and a lucky save by Skinner off his stick. Skinner at no point looked settled.
We’ll see. He was good against LA. I don’t buy the only Kempe was going theory. But go ahead and use that to excuse his play if you want.

We played like shit in front of him tonight and it was the usual suspects again Nurse and Ceci. Only one team gave up a breakaway this game too. And some naps around our net front was had too. That said, yeh Skinner didn’t play well. The Garland goal can’t happen. Debateable on the Z goal, looked like Vinny might have screened him.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
When all the shots are going in one direction goaltending doesn't matter. Both goalies sucked.

3 shots in two periods is not a couple people f***ing up or a goalie problem. Looked like the Oilers felt they won the game in the first period. One step forward two steps back imo
Exactly.
Thats why this loss is so concerning. The boys just rolled over and took it after 1 period.

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Agreed but what evidence do we have from this team that they can beat this years version of the Canucks?
No evidence so far.

They can, they are the better team. But if they are mental midgets like that, they're toast, and will never win a Cup here, or elsewhere

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Exactly.
Thats why this loss is so concerning. The boys just quit after 1 period.

Turtled defensively in the 3rd was a massive mistake. The team can do that against a 1-3-1 trapping kings that won't attack despite being down a goal or 2. But the nucks are a different story. Do that shit again and the nucks will make this team pay. Did the f***ing team and coaching staff not learn from the preds/nucks series? Good grief.

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
Honestly this was one of Nurse’s worst games of his career.

No egregious giveaways but his play reading and reaction time were unacceptable tonight. Lost count of how many times he was VERY slow to react and looked lost positionally.

Everyone in the arena could see the Garland play coming except for Nurse apparently. Took an eternity to read the play and by that time it was over, Garland beat him.
It’s disappointing because I think he’s here because of the leadership group to a degree. But if my friend f***ed me over as much as nurse and Ceci I’d make the trade call myself to get them out of here.

Reactions: Cloned

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
They can, they are the better team. But if they are mental midgets like that, they're toast, and will never win a Cup here, or elsewhere
A team that loses 5 games straight is not the better team.
They have to show that they are the better team and until they do that we shouldnt be handing that to them.

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad