Confirmed Signing with Link: [NSH] Mark Borowiecki signs extension with the Predators (1 year, $900k)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
He must really like Nashville because he could have easily get 3 years and over 5 Millions (Not per year, in total)

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
He probably just really like that the team philosophy is to hit everything that moves just like he does.
Hit them all, hit them all.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Can make a good living being a willing soldier in the NHL.
Agreed

Melnyk-Borowiecki-senators-conversation.jpg

Reactions: ugrakarma

Legionnaire11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 12, 2007
Fort Wayne
atlantichockeyleague.com
He's been very good in Nashville ever since that one year that he basically missed the entire season. Good for him that he's still on that NHL bottom-pair grind!

He missed a bunch of time because he needed to deal with some mental health issues. After that he's been like a new player. Obviously he has physical limitations and won't be more than a third pair guy, but he's at least a solid third pair guy now and not a borderline #7. I think that support he got from Poile and the Preds is another reason he chose to re-sign here rather than maximize his value on the open market.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
He must really like Nashville because he could have easily get 3 years and over 5 Millions (Not per year, in total)

Surprised its that low. He's played pretty well this season, seems like he sold himself a bit short but I'll take it.

My guess is that taxes have something to do with it. Not worth it to wait for a 1.5m offer from a high state tax team when he could just accept this now. Works out for the team and the player.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
My guess is that taxes have something to do with it. Not worth it to wait for a 1.5m offer from a high state tax team when he could just accept this now. Works out for the team and the player.
I mean I think he could have probably gotten 1.2 or so here, cap wouldn't be an issue especially if he is taking a 1 year term. Even with the tax break it just seems low.

Reactions: Taytro

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Would have taken him back on a re-do of his current 2x$2M contract, so it seems like a steal to get him for half the $$$ AND half the term.

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
That's why I truly believe he is staying not for the money but because the team hits. Or maybe he's staying for the country music like Duchene. Could be either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad