Confirmed Signing with Link: [NSH] G Juuse Saros signs extension with the Predators (8 years, $7.74M AAV; begins 2025-26)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I think it’s been decent, personally.

A smaller goalie who will lose mobility with age I don't see it aging well. Stamkos is not an 8M player, Skjei I mean we'll see but it seems crazy. I think they put themselves in a cap bind today

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
A smaller goalie who will lose mobility with age I don't see it aging well. Stamkos is not an 8M player, Skjei I mean we'll see but it seems crazy. I think they put themselves in a cap bind today

They needed secondary scoring, they got it.
They inked their goaltender up.
They needed another top four defender, they got it.

I just think terrible was a poor choice of words. You’re free to not be a fan of it. But as an outsider, I’d have been happy if I was in Nashville’s shoes and these were the moves today.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Saros is a Vezina caliber goalie in his prime, Stamkos is a 40 goal scorer who's great on the PP and Skjei improves our defense.

We're trying to win a cup and we have a top 5 prospect pool with 2 1sts and 2 2nds in the next draft. It's hard to hate where we're at.

Doomhammer

Jul 26, 2019
I disagree with "terrible".

Nashville has one of my favorite fan bases, and they should get at least a couple years of exciting hockey and a chance to go deep in the playoffs without giving up prospects... hard to see that as anything other than a win.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Sorokin had a down year in year 1 of his big contract extension and the fans weren't too happy. Saaros is going to have to give Nashville elite goaltending or that contract can get ugly.

The dynamic with Saaros getting a big payday is going to be interesting with Askarov waiting in the wings. They should both give the Preds some superb goaltending once Askarov wins the backup job. Wedgewood was a good signing as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad