PTO: [NSH] C. O'Reilly, K. Howarth, K. Marino, A. Campbell, K. Wall, E. Armstrong, C. Nychuk, D. DeRidder, E. Haider invited to Predators camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I guess everyone who signs ROR has to carry his deadweight brother behind them
It's so common with every team really, you'll almost always see the team drafting or signing the brother of a top player.

Dallas did it with Benn and Neal for example.

But also in this case, Cal was a Predator long before his brother was and has been playing for their farm team already.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
So pretty much everyone that has an AHL/ECHL contract with Milwaukee Admirals. I think the exception here is the G ill be calling DeRiddler
It's the 7 guys signed to Milwaukee + DeRidder and Armstrong who are signed to their ECHL affiliate the Atlanta Gladiators

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Good on the Preds for offering veteran AHLers camp time, while they await their AHL contract this season.

The (AHL) rule on veterans, really does these guys a disservice. It hurts the league. They have to wait every year until rosters are set, before we know which AHL teams can add a veteran here or there.

A little surprised Rocco Grimaldi wasn’t invited. I know he’s living in Nashville these days. Great example of someone who deserves an AHL contract and not playing this game every year, trying to find a contract.. Just to end up one of the best players in the league every year.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
So everyone is signed with a Nashville affiliated hockey club.
Cal was already there in Milwaukee last season, if anything this is just an invitation to an ahl contract player to be a warm body.

I remember when Cal didn't do much in Wbs and the Pens during his call up, career minor leaguer.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Good on the Preds for offering veteran AHLers camp time, while they await their AHL contract this season.

The (AHL) rule on veterans, really does these guys a disservice. It hurts the league. They have to wait every year until rosters are set, before we know which AHL teams can add a veteran here or there.

A little surprised Rocco Grimaldi wasn’t invited. I know he’s living in Nashville these days. Great example of someone who deserves an AHL contract and not playing this game every year, trying to find a contract.. Just to end up one of the best players in the league every year.

What? They all already have their contracts for this year.

Cal O'Reilly, Kale Howarth, Kyle Marino, Alexander Campbell, Kevin Wall, Chad Nychuk and Ethan Haider with Milwaulkee.

Easton Armstrong and Drew DeRidder with Atlanta (ECHL).

The majority of AHL players signed in July/August. This is more of a nice gesture to their affiliates and a chance to get considered for a NHL contract. And obviously fill the squad for the camp.

However, it is true Grimaldi doesn't have a contract. Grimaldi, Joseph Blandisi, Rem Pitlick, Chris Terry, Aaron Dell and Kasimir Kaskisuo are the last "notable" AHL vet left at first glance.

Matt Donovan retired.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad