Post-Game Talk: Now thats what we call a dominating response, Leafs win 6-1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
My stanley cup win is Tavares/Marner lighting it the **** up without Hyman on the other side, honestly don't even give a **** of they win any games.

I wish they would play Hyman on the third line. There is too much skill here to keep him on one of the top lines, he's simply not needed and it ain't hard to tell.

Reactions: ToMaLe

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Feels great man.

Apart from the first 2 minutes of the game where we needed big saves from Fred we thoroughly dominated the Panthers. Not gonna apologize for having Andersen baby. Very enjoyable game to watch.

Rielly was a beast everywhere tonight. Him getting 4 apples was phenomenal. 40 points thus far, and in definite Norris talk. Our "cannon dolls" were fantastic. 2 goals and 2 assists for Matthews and Marner with a goal and 2 assists. Both were great in all zones. JT the machine, once again.

Marincin also looked good in a rare start for him on the 3rd pairing. The Marlies have been developing players so well. He's grown a lot since his first game with the Leafs all those years ago. Looking forward to guys like Liljegren, Sandin, Grundström, Marchment, and Moore.

Onto The King's Rags

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
fred_flintstone_yabba_dabba_doo_card-r1c74bda6a2da47ecbb77cc05fca5c0e0_xvuat_8byvr_400.jpg

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Hyman is great at what he does but when healthy the top 6 should be

Kapanen/Johnsson-Matthews-Nylander
Kapanen/Johnsson-Tavares-Marner
Marleau-Kadri-Hyman
Whoever

I'm good with that but I feel bad for Kadri, he doesn't get any talent on his line.

I would also consider:

Hyman - Matthews - Nylander
Johnsson - Tavares - Kapanen
Marleau - Kadri - Marner

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
am gonna give him 2 to 3 more games; and then he better start producing
Babcock post game comment: Matty looks like he is starting to be in shape now and willy as you can tell is a ways away.....

He wont be producing on a top line anytime soon. Babs will make him earn his position back.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Babcock post game comment: Matty looks like he is starting to be in shape now and willy as you can tell is a ways away.....

He wont be producing on a top line anytime soon. Babs will make him earn his position back.

which is fair. as long as he produces in the playoffs i'd be fine with it. if he sucks in the playoffs as well I would be supremely pissed off

IPS

Sep 28, 2017

I honestly don't mind it. Kappy's done nothing to lose his spot beside Matthews, that's the other thing people need to consider.

Reactions: Confucius

Heritage

Jan 17, 2016
Halifax
Another fun win tonight.

I loved watching the guys flying out there for 60 minutes.

Some people forgot how great this team could be, but they are getting a reminder now!

Reactions: saffronleaf

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
So much for all the Barkov talk we were hearing ad nauseam before the game. Would have thought he was the second coming of Mario Lemieux. Newsflash: nobody gives a **** about Barkov and the Panthers!

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
I honestly don't mind it. Kappy's done nothing to lose his spot beside Matthews, that's the other thing people need to consider.
He will take some time and he will eventually contribute to the third line. I agree with you on Kapanen. The fans will be screaming if Willy is moved up and affects Matthews production...unless Kappy gets hurt or something.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I'm good with that but I feel bad for Kadri, he doesn't get any talent on his line.

I would also consider:

Hyman - Matthews - Nylander
Johnsson - Tavares - Kapanen
Marleau - Kadri - Marner

I suggested this as well. I hate to break up Tavares and Marner, but this would give us 3 legitimate top 6 lines that would be a matchup nightmare for opposing coaches.

Reactions: saffronleaf

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
With Hyman out we will get a look at different wingers on the lines as we did tonite..
The question is what will babcock do if the team really responds and lights it up, and in particular, if Tavares and Marner look like they did in this game...

I think I know the answer but we will have to wait and see..

Reactions: ToMaLe

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Just to keep it real, Johnsson didn't have a shot on net, and was really a passenger on that line tonight, it was the usual show between the two forwards. I love Johnsson, and I see the rationale of mixing up the lines, but let's not use tonight to extrapolate a point that isn't supported by the stats or the eye. JT and Marner have done this all year.

Tavares and Marner are going to produce and do magical things regardless who is on the left wing. I just feel Johnsson opens up a lot more space with his ability to hold onto the puck, make quicker decisions and can pass. I don’t think Hymans puck retrieval skills are that much better than Johnssons to offset the benefits Johnsson provides

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
It’s crazy that Matthews and Marner will both hit 200+ career points this season. Feels like the Leafs just drafted them yesterday.

I know some people were really disappointed we drafted Marner over Hanifin lol and then we have the main board trying hard to convince us that Laine is anywhere close to Matthews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad