Post-Game Talk: Nov. 2, 2016: Detroit 3 at Philadelphia 4 (OT)

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
whew
I think everyone can buy his accidental explanation but it looks pretty bad on the isolated gif of the hit

anyone looking to go to Brooklyn tonight, tickets are dirt cheap on stubhub, you can get lowers in the non-obstructed view areas for around $40

Yeah from the one angle it looks bad but the others make it pretty obvious he was trying to avoid him and just got unlucky.

The refs, and even Smith himself, said that they thought he was trying to get out of the way after seeing the replay.

When even the recipient of the hit agrees it wasn't malicious it's hard for people to blame Schenn. Except for Wings fans who are still seething.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
We will never forget because how often you remind us lol

Got to hold on to something when the goalie of the night gives up a weak goal game after game, MacDonald gets beat like a drum, VdV is a step behind and killing every offensive thrust . . . :naughty:

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Good win, but it would be nice to see at least one complete game from start to finish that didn't give all of us indigestion or a heart attack. Manning-Gudas are probably our number 1 pair by default, but that should change after Saturday. I have a feeling they will leave Provy with Streit and find the best mix of the other four.

Manning didn't play that 2 on 1 very well, but other than that and a 1st period turnover, I thought he played okay. He is becoming the king of the stretch pass. Nice to see him get his first fight against one of the most hated guys in the league.

Quick turnaround in the Apple. I will be reffing basketball from 6:15-9:15, so I think I will just wait and watch the replay late tonight. It will be tough not to log in here and read the in game comments, but I will try my best...lol.

Everyone have a good day and enjoy the winning streak.

did they clone you? you are going to play D for the Flyers and ref that game? :sarcasm:

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Gotta love seeing Giroux 2nd in scoring, Simmonds at 4, and Jake at 8.

Edit-

Actually Giroux is tied for 1st with one more game played.

Simmonds is tied for 2nd with one more game played.

And Jake is tied for 3rd with one more game played.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Gotta love seeing Giroux 2nd in scoring, Simmonds at 4, and Jake at 8.

I thought it was incredibly gratifying to see that perfect saucer pass for the winner last night (or rather this morning, my time). All the **** we hear about G not being what he was, not being special, on the road to ruin and decay, yada yada yada. It was like he had a turd on his stick and he saucered it right into the mouths of the naysayers. Loved it.

It also helped to quell my incredible frustration with the number of Flyers falling down, the number of misplaced or mishandled passes, and that goal that went in off Neuvy's shoulder.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I thought it was incredibly gratifying to see that perfect saucer pass for the winner last night (or rather this morning, my time). All the **** we hear about G not being what he was, not being special, on the road to ruin and decay, yada yada yada. It was like he had a turd on his stick and he saucered it right into the mouths of the naysayers. Loved it.

It also helped to quell my incredible frustration with the number of Flyers falling down, the number of misplaced or mishandled passes, and that goal that went in off Neuvy's shoulder.

With how many complaints we're currently seeing when he's playing this well, I'm looking forward to when he (like every player in the league does over the course of the season), has a scoring slump. :laugh:

Those will be fun times.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
We are pretty well stacked at forward. I feel like we are a legit, experienced 3C away from having a Cup calibre group of forwards. Of course that all depends on Hakstol knowing how to use them right and our D is still a cluster**** and goaltending is lost in the woods with Bryzgalov and his bears; but dem' forwards though!

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
We are pretty well stacked at forward. I feel like we are a legit, experienced 3C away from having a Cup calibre group of forwards. Of course that all depends on Hakstol knowing how to use them right and our D is still a cluster**** and goaltending is lost in the woods with Bryzgalov and his bears; but dem' forwards though!

And we know that we have reinforcements on the way to complement our stars and shore up our weak spots ... and all we can do is wait for them to be ready :laugh:

It's a massive source of optimism and frustration in equal amounts.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
We have the core group of forwards which is basically half the battle for being a cup contender. Goaltending can't stay this bad, and the defense is coming

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015
With how many complaints we're currently seeing when he's playing this well, I'm looking forward to when he (like every player in the league does over the course of the season), has a scoring slump. :laugh:

Those will be fun times.
It really is bizarre how many Giroux complaints have been made during the longest point streak of his career. I've never known a city to tear down their superstars (often for no reason) more than Philly.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
If you rank the 3 sections:

Forward Group - I'd say the Flyers are in the top 3rd of the league, basically the top 2 lines are virtually unstoppable, very few teams have 2 top pairings to match up, so there will always be match up problems

Defense Group - I would say this will end up being middle 3rd, right now they are bottom 3rd, but I hope they shake out to get better, they are committing too many mistakes nightly.

Goaltending Group - I would've said Top 3rd going into the year, but right now they are easily Bottom 3rd, they do have the talent to get back up there, whereas I don't think the D will have the talent to go Top 3rd.

Overall the team is getting there.

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015
If you rank the 3 sections:

Forward Group - I'd say the Flyers are in the top 3rd of the league, basically the top 2 lines are virtually unstoppable, very few teams have 2 top pairings to match up, so there will always be match up problems

Defense Group - I would say this will end up being middle 3rd, right now they are bottom 3rd, but I hope they shake out to get better, they are committing too many mistakes nightly.

Goaltending Group - I would've said Top 3rd going into the year, but right now they are easily Bottom 3rd, they do have the talent to get back up there, whereas I don't think the D will have the talent to go Top 3rd.

Overall the team is getting there.

Fair assessment. I actually think we should be glad that the team is not at all firing on all cylinders yet, but are still playing .500 hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad