Notable players non-tendered

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
as much fun and the threat he is on the basepaths and a ballhawk in CF, he's hardly a replacement level guy and projects about 6M in arbitration so i could understand this as Cincy.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
as much fun and the threat he is on the basepaths and a ballhawk in CF, he's hardly a replacement level guy and projects about 6M in arbitration so i could understand this as Cincy.

I've read $6.5-7 million, but whatever, that's too much for what he is. He's a great CF, but can't get on base. He was batting 9th a bunch because of his overall weakness at the plate. As a Reds fan, I'll gladly switch him out for an average hitter/defender in CF because he was so bad at the plate.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
I've read $6.5-7 million, but whatever, that's too much for what he is. He's a great CF, but can't get on base. He was batting 9th a bunch because of his overall weakness at the plate. As a Reds fan, I'll gladly switch him out for an average hitter/defender in CF because he was so bad at the plate.

MLBTR says 5.9

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Garcia was bum and Hahn made mistake not trading him when he was an allstar and teams had interest

Davidson was productive and if Sox aren't planning to add a power bat I don't understand this move. He only would have cost around 2.6M via arbitration

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Mike Fiers was non-tendered, I was pretty surprised by that one.

Not really surprising. He projects to get 10M in arb. Not the best value for a #4/5 starter.

You could replace him or close to him for a lot cheaper. And Oakland is known to not pay players market value either.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Not really surprising. He projects to get 10M in arb. Not the best value for a #4/5 starter.

You could replace him or close to him for a lot cheaper. And Oakland is known to not pay players market value either.
They pay market value for short term deals, but often buy low on guys looking to have a good year then get a bigger contract.

There better be a plan in place because Manaea is already missing the whole year. Hopefully Luzardo is an option.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
They pay market value for short term deals, but often buy low on guys looking to have a good year then get a bigger contract.

There better be a plan in place because Manaea is already missing the whole year. Hopefully Luzardo is an option.

even if luzardo isn't ready for the first half of the year, they still have a bunch of options in guys like cotton, triggs, montas, gossett, etc who could step up in manaea's absence. i'm really interested to see how cotton looks after a year off

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
even if luzardo isn't ready for the first half of the year, they still have a bunch of options in guys like cotton, triggs, montas, gossett, etc who could step up in manaea's absence. i'm really interested to see how cotton looks after a year off
None of those guys look to be anything worthwhile. Cotton was erratic and inconsistent before the tjs. Triggs does well then always gets hurt. Montas was great in his first 8-10 starts then fell off a cliff. Gossett has decent stuff but hasn't shown any nclination of putting it all together.

Hopefully this is the A's knowing Fiers isn't worth ~10 mil and they either re-sign him for less or sift through fa and trade.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Hopefully Hamilton goes to the AL or at least out of the NL Central, he may have been a terrible hitter overall but he was practically Ted Williams against the Pirates

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad