Not Worried

swint

Nov 16, 2014
I rest my case. This team plays good hockey when it wants to. Let's hope for a little more consistency as the season progresses.

Tyler Biggs*

A comment I saw from a King's fan:

As a lifelong LA Kings fan, I really do understand how all of you feel. And before someone jumps all over me, I'm NOT here to troll. I LOVE the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Toronto Marlies... and the ownership group has shown me special kindness recently. I would hope that all of you realize that you're hurting the players when you abuse them at games. They can hear you. They can see you. And while NONE OF YOU are wrong in the reasons you are angry... it's not helping the boys. You have a good team, but they don't feel loved. I speak from experience... the Kings have sold out at home for 4 seasons straight now... and we have 2 Cups in that span. Toronto is your team. Don't let anything take your team away from you. Cheers everyone.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
In response to that:

We the fans don't feel loved by the players, owners, or management. It's a two way street.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
In response to that:

We the fans don't feel loved by the players, owners, or management. It's a two way street.

and i think right there - is the nail on the head.

the Players feel that they aren't getting any respect, or love, or support by the fan base. (which - they aren't, or it's a rollercoaster, loopy ride affect).

the Fans feel that they are getting abused by everyone.

the team shouldn't feel bad for 47 years of bad management, bad teams, and whatever. that is fair

but this team, especially: Lupul, Dion, Reimer, Kessel, Bozak, Franson [Jake, Nazzy] should know that a lot of this isn't about '47 years'. it's about. seeing these group of players 18 wheeler themselves out of a playoff spot. Seeing them blow up a 4-1 lead with 10 minutes to go in game seven. Seeing them lose 12 of their last 14 games going from 2nd in their division to drafting 8th overall.

i would reckon for a majority of people the question isn't "will it happen again" it's "when will it happen?" if they JUST SUCKED -it would be one thing -because you could be all "well atleast you know we're going to get a superstar #1 draft pick and there's SOMETHING around the corner.

if they were AMAZING (and the fans were all salty) - then you can go "well fans, screw you, the hell?" if they were amazing and playing like San Jose/Chicago/Boston (some injuries, but not really 'to their potential' just a bit shaky, you can go "well, this isn't normal, but it WILL balance out so even IF they miss the playoffs, it's just afluke year."

LEAF FANS don't know what they're going to get from shift to shift! you don't know if it's going to be a'good' game 'gong 'show' or something swirled in the middle. it is exhaustingi love this team, and i always will, but i don't think leaf fans should be held to this "how dare you ' standard if they want to be grumpy and question everything (it gets annoying if that's the ONLY drum they beat).

I can understand how players can get frustrated because basically, everything has to be a"don't focus, keep playing" so maybe they honestly don't get it/understand it.

All we ultimately want is this team to just work hard every game. I would rather them be 2 games under.500 but every single game was an effort of hard work, and bad puck luck, or 'these things just happened' vs. being 2 games over, and you have not idea if you're going to get theteam that beat Boston 6-1, the team that Lost to Pittsburgh 2-1 (their best effort, despite losing imo), or the team that hammered 6-2 and 9-2 to the lowest scoring teams in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad