Not Making the Playoffs Next Season Will Be An Epic Failure

Adrianopolous

Oct 5, 2017
Delray Beach, Florida
So we will be missing the playoffs this year, however we did play "meaningful games" in March, and at one point we were right on the doorstep to the second wildcard spot. For next season, is the standard now playoffs or bust? I will be extremely disappointed if we miss next year but I think we need to be crystal clear with management that the expectation next year is playoffs, no if, ands, or buts.

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley
Look how close we are this year while missing huge pieces due to injury and only recently having a formidable D corps. Playoffs are absolutely expected next season. Even if we have injuries to key players next season, we have better depth to support it as well.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
If they don't make playoffs next year it is time to start a re-tool and move a core piece or two.

If they don't make playoffs and DJ is still the coach? It is time to bring the billboards back out.

Reactions: bicboi64

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
If we hire a competent coach, I think we'll play actual meaningful games in March and will be very close and very competitive.

It may take a second year though to push through, too much DJ shit to unlearn.

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
I'm not sure many would disagree with that.

The only way I wouldn't be disappointed with missing the playoffs next year is if like Tkachuk, Norris, Sanderson, Stutzle are injured for the majority of the year.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
So we will be missing the playoffs this year, however we did play "meaningful games" in March, and at one point we were right on the doorstep to the second wildcard spot. For next season, is the standard now playoffs or bust? I will be extremely disappointed if we miss next year but I think we need to be crystal clear with management that the expectation next year is playoffs, no if, ands, or buts.

I can guarantee you if we don't make the playoffs, everyone is going to say that the expectations were exactly this and that we achieved our goals.. should be proud the the team and all that fuzzy jazz that this management and the fanbase is programmed to say

heck they will even say the same thing if we are a lottery team, and will continue to point out how the team is taking steps forward

buckle up!

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I can guarantee you if we don't make the playoffs, everyone is going to say that the expectations were exactly this and that we achieved our goals.. should be proud the the team and all that fuzzy jazz that this management and the fanbase is programmed to say

heck they will even say the same thing if we are a lottery team, and will continue to point out how the team is taking steps forward

buckle up!
I can guarantee you you have no idea what you're talking about.

Expectations next year is absolutely playoffs. It's playoff or bust.

Reactions: JD1 and aragorn

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
I can guarantee you you have no idea what you're talking about.

Expectations next year is absolutely playoffs. It's playoff or bust.

Exactly my point, and you're going to be the first one pointing out the 35-40 odd wins the Team will have, and that I am crazy for criticizing the Team on their inconsistency and going on losing streaks.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Exactly my point, and you're going to be the first one pointing out the 35-40 odd wins the Team will have, and that I am crazy for criticizing the Team on their inconsistency and going on losing streaks.
You're crazy because it sounds like you despise the team but can't help tune in to watching them every game. Kind of like a stage 5 clinger ex gf.

Also, I'm sure your around most GDTs and see that I criticize the team plenty.

Reactions: bert and aragorn

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
What's with the negative threads all the time? They just won a game where there was a great story in his first NHL game since 2017 where he only lasted 1 period & Ferguson comes into this game & steals it for Ottawa with an outstnading performance. It's a great story & now Ottawa is 6 pts out of a playoff spot with 12 games remaining still technically in the playoff race. How is this not meaningful? Let's not start shitting on next yr already, this yr isn't over yet.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
You're crazy because it sounds like you despise the team but can't help tune in to watching them every game. Kind of like a stage 5 clinger ex gf.

Also, I'm sure your around most GDTs and see that I criticize the team plenty.

Your point exactly?

I am around most GDT? Actually I am around every single GDT. I am around in the off-season too. I am around when they win and when they lose.

It seems you're more frustrated with the Teams performance and taking it out by engaging with me every chance you get LOL

This is thread worthy?

Seems like an off season thread, but can we blame the poster. We went from 'meaningful march' to 'early offseason' pretty quickly

Reactions: Adrianopolous

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Your point exactly?

I am around most GDT? Actually I am around every single GDT. I am around in the off-season too. I am around when they win and when they lose.

It seems you're more frustrated with the Teams performance and taking it out by engaging with me every chance you get LOL
You're obviously unable to follow along.

Reactions: bert

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
My expectations have been a year ahead of the majority around here. Last year I expected meaningful games in March and this season was supposed to be playoffs or bust.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
My expectations have been a year ahead of the majority around here. Last year I expected meaningful games in March and this season was supposed to be playoffs or bust.

Watching this Team fold so badly time in and time again, I would not be surprised if we would lose a bets of 7 playoff series in 3 games

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad