Post-Game Talk: Not good enough.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
That was a rough one, could have won a game they deserved to lose. The good news, not eliminated yet, the bad news, if they play another game like that it's probably over.

3rd round would be this year's ceiling though, barring injuries I don't see them winning more than 2 games against the stars or avs. It's been fun but just not sure Mcd and Dra will win it all here and that does suck! Anyways, win game 6 and give yourself a chance!

Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
I mean Leon and Connor have to take a serious look in the mirror after a game like that. Was all that emotion last year just BS?

I know they probably aren't exactly the reason why we lost. But in 2024 the NHL is a 4-3 league. The forwards and Bouchard gotta be thinking that they only got 1/2 the job done tonight.

Reactions: frag2 and 5 14 6 1

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Here’s what I think happened this game. Nucks were giving us gifts in the 1st period and Janny capitalized. But we didn’t capitalize on other gifts.

We were baited into thinking they’d do that the rest of the night and just hung back hoping for more mistakes that never came. Nucks upped their game in the 2nd and cleaned up in all areas of the ice. Battle level especially. We did not respond and just hung on for dear life.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
First legitimately bad game of the series. Pickard gave us a chance, but these guys had almost nothing by the end of the third.

Possible we may have run McDrai and Bouch into the ground already. All the guys we have been playing to death making bad decisions out there. Our lack of useful depth may have finally caught up.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Worse team than we were last year and this team is only going to get worse.
They STILL haven’t learned lessons from the playoffs and at this point they never will.

None of our players have a f*** all game. Losers top to bottom.
Top to bottom.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Picard and the 4th line showed up. Please no Skinner Saturday. Tonight would have been ugly with him in net.

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
Blow up this team. They don't have it in them to rise to occasion in big moments. Pickard plays an incredible game and the losers in front of him sleepwalk through it.

McDavid has been an absolute joke during this series. He's shown up for 1 game. 0/5 on the PP tonight with barely any decent chances... what are these losers even doing.

If this is the effort they're putting forth, forfeit game 6 and spare us watching them go through the motions.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
What can you say? We were out worked, out battled and out skilled by a better team.

Canucks were the better team and deserved the win.

This team for whatever reason doesn't want it enough.
I think it’s a reflection on the coach. You show some intensity on the bench and maybe your team will on the ice. He barely talks to his team. Oilers will lose at home.

Reactions: rickysusedsht

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I know it’s on the players. Especially the top players and leaders but

How is there no clip of Knob blowing up on the bench after watching that putrid effort. There isn’t a coach left in the playoffs that wouldn’t be shitting their pants yelling if their team was playing like that.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I mean Leon and Connor have to take a serious look in the mirror after a game like that. Was all that emotion last year just BS?

I know they probably aren't exactly the reason why we lost. But in 2024 the NHL is a 4-3 league. The forwards and Bouchard gotta be thinking that they only got 1/2 the job done tonight.

I think they are gassed thanks to a completely insane decision to play them over 30 minutes a night 3 games in a row by a coach who should know better.

Reactions: rickysusedsht

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Play Pickard again and the team better get a win at home and then force game 7. It’s not over until it’s over, things can change real quick

Reactions: nally

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
Knob got out coached not going to lie. The McDrai line with Hyman wasn't working. Should have rotated Kane. This team is out muscling us right now. McDavid can't do anything, Nuge can't do anything. This isn't a series of finesse, this series is physical and will to win at any cost. Gotta punch them in the mouth, none of this fancy hotdogging shit.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Well deserved loss! Playing like this, we have nothing to do in a round 3.

Hope they find some mojo in game 6!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad