Post-Game Talk: Not good enough.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Leonardlizard

Dec 3, 2021
If mcdavid Hyman and Drai are shitty because they've been hit...that's on knob for being soft and not countering with physicality which we can have. Watching our tough players under knob is like watching a pitbull after he's had his nuts removed via scalpel.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
What are you suggesting? This team without McDavid or Draisaitl is not making the playoffs. After the top five nothing has any value to get anything worthwhile in return…add to that we are bereft of picks due to our less than stellar TD booty.

We be fooked
That's what the guy is here for to push agendas. He's not the only one.

He should stick to D&D but I doubt it's as lucrative.

All I did in the offseason was talk about the lack of depth on defence... McLeod as a non-option at center and the state of the goaltending and where did that get me?

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Sure. But to counter we're not respecting pucks when we have it. When has this team ever looked so bad on the PP or in 4 on 4 situations. Its uncanny how bad we were at both of these tonight. That leaves me to suspect Nerves and I've noted all along McD just doesn't seem to be settled in this series. Like his mind is racing and can't calm it down. There was one play tonight where he's open on wing, has time, and he fumbles the puck and it ends up in a dump. So many times where McD isn't even handling a pass. So off. Its like he's having difficulty concentrating and the game slowing down for him.

Hyman was just awful tonight, all zones, and you hate to say it because the guy has been bringing it all year but this is the only time of year that counts. He was great in Kings series and has dropped off too.

We wasted fantastic games from Kane, Holloway and Pickard tonight.
I don't think it was nerves. Couldn't match the Canucks intensity which I feared their response to Tocchet's callout on effort. McDavid and Bouchard were horrible on the PP, lots of confusion between the two of them near the blue line several times. Neither responded well to aggressive, fast PK that forced mistakes and turnovers. They never got on track for any dangerous opportunities. Losing face-offs and the Oilers were always starting 200 feet from their net. Worst game for Hyman. Looked slow. But if no-one can put pucks to the net (or choose not too), this team leaves its 50 goal net front beast in the bullpen.

Pickard saved this team from an even worse result. Agree about the players you named. Will add Line 4 which actually created offensive chances and a goal while were great support PK guys.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I never said trade McDavid or Draisaitl.

I’m saying the game plan of shit drafting and developing and winning 1 signing or trade out of 5 doesn’t work. Holland built an old slow team with poor depth scoring, an incomplete defense and no reliable goaltending which is also cap strapped.

We have a competitive team that will make the playoffs but not get far / like the Leafs out east.

So tear up the game plan- rid the halls of anything Holland, move salaries to retool. It’s too late now to draft and develop as 29 and 97 are down to 1 and 2 years.

Vancouver - the team that is likely going to beat us this series - rebuilt their defence over 1 year and made astute trades while Holland spun his wheels.

Rebuild this summer with the key of moving salary and it will cost us draft picks but who cares. We are past prime drafting time.
Vancouver spent assets we don’t have though. Only assets we have that have a semblance of value is our 1st, 2nd Broberg and Holloway.
Vancouver also didn’t have the Nurse and Campbell contracts on top of f***ing 4 mill of dead cap between Brown and Perry.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Agreed, and I think it will happen regardless of the results of this post season. I can seen Ceci, Perry, Foegele, Campbell, Ryan and Henrique all being gone, and possibly a couple others.
Yosemite Sam is probably gone too. I can't see Brown lighting it up in the new season either.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
McDavid has played like 30 minutes per game. Of course he's gassed. That goes for Drai, Ekholm and Bouchard as well.
This is such BS it’s embarrassing. McDavid played 23 tonight and last game. Drai around 20 both games. This isn’t anything crazy. It’s the playoffs. You find a way or you don’t. They haven’t.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Our depth this year for the most part played quite well, and part of that was having the lineup be 3 lines deep and not trying to load up. So in the playoffs things get a little tight so they load up the top 6, then the bottom 6 struggles a bit so they just massively overplay the top 3, bottom 6 gets rusty from not playing much and voila you get Ethan Bear remembering how to skate after not seeing the ice for like 3 periods.

It’s a constant mistake from coaches we bring in and now we have a coach who does the same thing who doesn’t seem to have any energy, passion or motivation to him at all.
He is the Stuart Skinner of coaching.
Regular season != Playoffs.

Guys like Foegele and McLeod will put up points over 82, but come the post-season they will do shit f***ing all. I agree with your premise, the Oilers absolutely cannot and should not have to run McDrai for 30 mins consistently in the playoffs.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
This is my absolute shock. Never saw that happening. Adding getting physically dominated was also not what me or my Magic 8-ball predicted. Have to say though that I was watching Tocchets' pressers and knowing how he's molded their team's belief, I had a very bad feeling about this game. Still the Oilers lost this with a flaccid, low energy PP in the first after they got the early goal and lead they needed. Different game if the 'historic' PP shows up tonight but its' two key players, McDavid and Bouchard were lost in space.

Look who’s on the Vancouver bench. Tochett. Foote. Yeo. Its murderers row.

On the ice it’s led by Miller and Zadorov. When Pius Suter is running Nurse and Draisaitl you know Vancouver has bought fully in.

Meanwhile we have KK and McDavid saying we are playing physical enough and wilting under pressure.

Tochett teams are Tochett tough that’s for sure and credit to Alvin whose built a solid team playing a solid team game beating a team relying on 1 line and 2 megastars by taking them out of the picture.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Bouchard and Kane had terrible games,

How stupid is this?
Have you spoken to Henrique or the medical staff to know how injured he is?
kane wasn't terrible. Last couple of games he's been huge for us. Terrible is Corey Perry.

Boo made the kind of mistake he can make. unfortunately at worst possible time. To his credit its been awhile since one of these. In anycase he won us the game 4.

Reactions: Keggatron

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Vancouver spent assets we don’t have though. Only assets we have that have a semblance of value is our 1st, 2nd Broberg and Holloway.
Vancouver also didn’t have the Nurse and Campbell contracts on top of f***ing 4 mill of dead cap between Brown and Perry.
All those contracts. The fact we don't have any draft assets. The fact we still don't have winger depth and a starting goalie. There is only one culprit. Ken Holland.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I think they'll employ the same strategy and try to run them out of the building. Miller is a very under-rated 2 way player and Lindholm is finding his niche. Saying that, not giving up on our guys, as I hope they at least have one more big push left.
Acquiring Lindholm was a good move by their management. He has really stepped in for sleepy Petey.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Hey, the team threw in the towel on this series during the second intermission, I lasted a little longer. I’m done ragging on them for the season, not worth the time right now. I’ll see you guys for the post season shit talk session on Sunday.
What about Bouchard?

Can I at least get the customary laugh emoji?

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Nashville had battered Hughes pretty good in the first round, and we completely let him off the ropes. Pretty much a no touch zone around him, and he’s been able to play his free wheeling style without fear of any contact. Contrast that to the abuse McDrai have taken.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Regular season != Playoffs.

Guys like Foegele and McLeod will put up points over 82, but come the post-season they will do shit f***ing all. I agree with your premise, the Oilers absolutely cannot and should not have to run McDrai for 30 mins consistently in the playoffs.
Foegele and McLeod played their best with Draisaitl. McLeod is not a good center and is playing on the third line. Put them back with Draisaitl and run a mix of Kane/Nuge/Brown/Janmark/Gagner/Ryan as the. Bottom 6

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad