North Bay Battalion 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardclimate

Jan 7, 2015
The odds don’t favor the Battalion advancing but as a sth, I will just say that I enjoyed watching this team this year. Imo, no matter what happens, it can go in the books as a good season with plenty of entertainment value. The improvement in the play of many players has been noticeable and the sweep of the Wolves was a treat for many of us old-timers. The organization seems to be in good hands and we can only hope that someday they’ll make it as far as the tournament. It’s often been said that there is no shame in losing to a stronger team as long as you have done the best you can, which is probably the case now. As a fan, you’d like to see them go farther, but if they can’t, I’m ok with that.

190 is almost 206

Nov 11, 2022
The odds don’t favor the Battalion advancing but as a sth, I will just say that I enjoyed watching this team this year. Imo, no matter what happens, it can go in the books as a good season with plenty of entertainment value. The improvement in the play of many players has been noticeable and the sweep of the Wolves was a treat for many of us old-timers. The organization seems to be in good hands and we can only hope that someday they’ll make it as far as the tournament. It’s often been said that there is no shame in losing to a stronger team as long as you have done the best you can, which is probably the case now. As a fan, you’d like to see them go farther, but if they can’t, I’m ok with that.
Absolutely. I was telling something similar to somebody at the game last night, this years edition has been my favourite since they moved here.
Great transition from the end of Stanley’s time here to now.
If that game was our last chance to see them at home, while I’d be disappointed what a way to finish off the season at home.

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
I like North Bay’s chances tonight no Punnett and no Buckley

Those are two big losses, let’s see how Oshawa responds to the adversity.

Also rumoured that the legendary Bobby Orr will be in attendance tonight with the expectation of presenting his trophy.

190 is almost 206

Nov 11, 2022
It’s all right here
IMG_2387.jpeg

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020
Should have been an unsportsmanlike penalty for embellishment to even up the hit from behind penalty imo.
As an impartial viewer I disagree about that, but also agree he should've scraped himself off the ice earlier if he had any thoughts of being out on the PP. But no embellishment penalty on that one.

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Game 5 was virtually identical Game 4 - - even had the exact same score. Once again Oshawa couldn’t manage to hold onto a pair of one goal leads in the 3rd period, and when you can’t do that in the playoffs you really don’t deserve to win.

Generals dominated the first OT period, just as they dominated OT in Game 4. But once again a defensive breakdown cost them the game. This time they got running around in their own zone - - D’Amato unsuccessfully chasing Vilmanis around the perimeter, then Ritchie couldn’t keep up with Nelson and finally Marrelli just basically stood there and waved his stick as Nelson blew past him for the winner.

Really have to wonder how much fatigue played a part in this loss for Oshawa. They rolled three lines for the entire game, and when overtime came around the third line had their minutes cut.

After Rodriguez couldn’t handle Romani alone in front of the net for North Bay’s first goal, he hardly saw the ice again. And then in overtime, they cut it down to just four defensemen as Sandhu sat for all but two shifts.

It’s completely unrealistic to expect players to log that much ice time and not have their play affected by fatigue.

Jake Oster was brilliant in net for the first 30mins to the extent that I honestly believed he wasn’t going to let anything get by him, but once Romani got that first goal his play dipped noticeably. In the 3rd period, he was looking behind himself at least three times after making a save - - that’s never reassuring to see from your goalie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad