GDT: NOR vs. AUT May 19, 2024

MrRuin

Sponsor
Apr 7, 2004
Somewhere in time
This could be a really fun or really frustrating game to watch. I hope Austria can channel its energy and play from the game against Canada and Finland to get a win, but this will be a very different opponent. We never matched up well against Norway and almost always came up short in recent memory. Very hard to predict anything.

FriarChill

Jan 31, 2023
Vienna
This could be a really fun or really frustrating game to watch. I hope Austria can channel its energy and play from the game against Canada and Finland to get a win, but this will be a very different opponent. We never matched up well against Norway and almost always came up short in recent memory. Very hard to predict anything.
Yes, exactly. Lets see how they play with all the added expectations. Not being the underdog will be a completely different game.

Reactions: Summer Rose

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I only saw Norway's game against Canada in full but I have to agree, one thing they are is annoying to play against, and that really shouldn't fit Austria who, in theory, should thrive on a much more open game.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Heia Norge

Mar 14, 2012
Norway
Austria are on a roll in this tournament. Very difficult game this.
Our goalie needs to play a good game and our defence needs to bee on alert.

Hoping for a good start of 1st period, take an early lead.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
Norway is typically a team we always lose to. They beat us in 2022, prior to that in 2019, before that in 2011...2007...the last time Austria has beaten Norway in the WC was 1999. This was back before Rossi, Baumgartner, Maier, P. Huber, were born. The one exception to this trend is that we beat them in the 2014 Olympics in Sochi.

The matchup is characterized by a team that is supposed to be offensive (Austria) struggling to maintain puck possession again Norway, the bigger and stronger team. While Norway expertly exploits Austria's defensive weaknesses. Norway always have significant physical superiority, as one Austrian commenter once said "one are descended from Vikings, one are not."

Thomas Raffl also isn't in the lineup. I think he's probably injured.

Reactions: FriarChill

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Zucc and Rossi get into a spearing battle, and both are tossed from the game, and tournament. Advantage to ------ ?

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
If Norway wants to have a chance they need to score on that 5vs3. Horrible period for them.

EK47

Jukka Jalonen should be in all the hall of fames.
Feb 7, 2013
So if Austria beats UK and Finland beats Denmark then Finland has to atleast get a point against Switzerland?

ottawarenegader613

May 27, 2016
I feel like I am at a soccer match but great to see the Austrian crowd singing while their team is playing. Just wait until Hungary plays in the tournament next year and it becomes a crowd singing contest.

EK47

Jukka Jalonen should be in all the hall of fames.
Feb 7, 2013
Nice one-timer! Will there be some nerve?
Probably not, Austria doesn’t look fazed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad