Non-Sharks Bay Area Sports Thread XXVIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
The Defense is so overrated. It's supposed to be a strength but they are always a weakness.
I feel like fans weren't prepared for what a loss Dre Greenlaw was to this team, he and Warner as a duo papered over a lot of the holes in our secondary and now it's one guy doing 4 jobs instead of 2 guys handling that work load, Flannigan-Fowles and Campbell aren't gonna cut it in his stead

Reactions: Lebanezer

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
This game pissed me off. I'm sure in a few hours I will listen to 49ers podcasts saying calm down and it's not so bad but right now my instant reaction is this team leaves a lot to be desired. Leave aside that the Offense was walking wounded, the Defense was atrocious today again, much like last week. We barely heard Bosa, Warner was pretty contained, and who else plays defense for this team? Hufanga was nowhere to be seen but he's coming back from an ACL so that's understandable. I'm just sick and tired of them giving up the big play, something that was noticable even in week 1.

As for the Offense, Jennings had the game of his life today but it's time for Aiyuk to show up or shut up. He held out for that much money all training camp long and you can easily tell. As for Ronnie Bell, get that scrub off this team now. That was a pass you have to catch and it was right in the hands.

As for special teams, What was that. Were you playing prevent defense? Hell, that was a punt if I remember correctly so kick it to the sideline, not in the middle of the freaking field.

That was a lousy and concerning game today.

Last edited:

Star Platinum

May 11, 2024
So the Rams get away with multiple holds on that long kickoff return. Then proceed to get gifted whatever the f*** that phantom PI call was two plays later.

I thought NHL refs were bad, they're saints compared to NFL refs.
Nobody snatches defeat from the jaws of victory like Kyle Shanahan.

NOBODY.

This game pissed me off. I'm sure in a few hours I will listen to 49ers podcasts saying calm down and it's not so bad but right now my instant reaction is this team leaves a lot to be desired. Leave aside that the Offense was walking wounded, the Defense was atrocious today again, much like last week. We barely heard Bosa, Warner was pretty contained, and who else plays defense for this team? Hufanga was nowhere to be seen but he's coming back from an ACL so that's understandable. I'm just sick and tired of them giving up the big play, something that was noticable even in week 1.

As for the Offense, Jennings had the game of his life today but it's time for Aiyuk to show up or shut up. He held out for that much money all training camp long and you can easily tell. As for Ronnie Bell, get that scrub off this team now. That was a pass you have to catch and it was right in the hands.

As for special teams, What was that. Were you playing prevent defense? Hell, that was a punt if I remember correctly so kick it to the sideline, not in the middle of the freaking field.

That was a lousy and concerning game today.
Bosa is getting single blocked and making almost no impact.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Nobody snatches defeat from the jaws of victory like Kyle Shanahan.

NOBODY.

Bosa is getting single blocked and making almost no impact.

Evidently he was dealing with a rib injury so that might be why he had no impact. I think it will come. What concerns me is I don't know who else is on this defense has regressed from last year to this year. It was the defense that didn't have the injuries like you saw on Offense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad