Non-Sharks Bay Area Sports Thread XXVIII

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Despite all the hype of moving to Vegas pretty much dead, it’s still criminal what’s going on with the A’s. Any competent commish would have forced a sell by now and would try to keep them local. Selig did with the Giants in the 90’s.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Klay Thompson to Dallas on a 3-team sign and trade with Charlotte

End of an era, it's the right move but it's still a sad day

Star Platinum

May 11, 2024
Klay Thompson to Dallas on a 3-team sign and trade with Charlotte

End of an era, it's the right move but it's still a sad day
I'm not sad about it after watching how he's played the last two years. Means that now when I think of Klay, I can think of the good pre-injury Klay and not be distracted by the end of his career bricklaying can't really defend anyone Klay. Warriors will stink and try to avoid the luxury tax and hopefully lose enough games that their first round pick is worth something in a year.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX

I'm convinced what is happening here is that the Niners intend to go all out to win the Super Bowl this year, and are content to simply let Aiyuk walk next offseason because they can't afford him past this season. I don't think the Niners care about "good asset management" right now, they just want to get Super Bowl Win #6 with this group.

Of course Aiyuk doesn't like that, because in the NFL (unlike other leagues), players don't love having a show off contract year to earn a big free agency contract because of the injury risk. They already want their fat contract now to remove the risk.

Given my belief above, I don't think the Niners are going to honor the trade request. If Aiyuk wants to sit, that's his choice, but then he won't earn his guaranteed $14M this season. For me, coming from a Sharks is my #1 team POV (i.e., hockey-focused perspective), I think Aiyuk just needs to suck it up and play out his contract and ball out for a Super Bowl and then get a fat free agency contract next season. (Or face the possibility of a Niners franchise tag next offseason, which I don't think will happen, but if it does, maybe then you sit out until you get a trade/contract).

Bizz

Slacked for Mack
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
I've never seen a pitcher go from being complete ass to instant domination like Blake Snell this season.

drunksage

Sphere = underrated?
Jan 13, 2007
30-ish min from Sphere
Last edited:

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
“Four fried chickens and a Coke.”“And some dry white toast please.”
Dang, your sig has quite the order. KFC? Church's? Something more local? BBQ? Why no butter on your toast? Also, does "coke" mean Coca-Cola? Or is that generic for soda or pop in TN? Sorry for all the food questions, but inquiring minds want to know...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad