OT: Non-Kraken Local Sports (Mariners, Seahawks, Sounders, etc.)

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Surprised that they value Vegas at 25% greater than AZ market sold for. But as more time passes valuations have gone up which is why there is that Timberwolves situation with the main owner and ARod’s group.

Seattle as a market slightly behind AZ but the Seattle market is more into sports I feel.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Surprised that they value Vegas at 25% greater than AZ market sold for. But as more time passes valuations have gone up which is why there is that Timberwolves situation with the main owner and ARod’s group.

Seattle as a market slightly behind AZ but the Seattle market is more into sports I feel.

Well, Vegas is the hot sh'' currently and with them wanting everything and going after everything the leagues know they can make a fortune.

Though, I'm curious to see how the move forward given that expansion will now be on the top of their list and asked about quite a bit.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Well, Vegas is the hot sh'' currently and with them wanting everything and going after everything the leagues know they can make a fortune.

Though, I'm curious to see how the move forward given that expansion will now be on the top of their list and asked about quite a bit.
I think they should stagger the 2 team's entry as it's better for the new clubs to not split the talent. NBA and NHL messed up in prior expansions when they gave the new clubs crappy teams, thus after the initial bump of 3 or 4 seasons, the newness wore off and the clubs were struggling on the ice and floor still.

Seattle's arena is ready to go. LV will need time to build a new one, though they could play out of the Knights arena temporarily. See what the NBA does with their ED and how helpful they are to those clubs. Though, I think LV will easily be a destination spot for players with no state tax and the night life. But, LV will need to be careful who they bring in as you need enough maturity to not get caught up in it.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
I think they should stagger the 2 team's entry as it's better for the new clubs to not split the talent. NBA and NHL messed up in prior expansions when they gave the new clubs crappy teams, thus after the initial bump of 3 or 4 seasons, the newness wore off and the clubs were struggling on the ice and floor still.

Seattle's arena is ready to go. LV will need time to build a new one, though they could play out of the Knights arena temporarily. See what the NBA does with their ED and how helpful they are to those clubs. Though, I think LV will easily be a destination spot for players with no state tax and the night life. But, LV will need to be careful who they bring in as you need enough maturity to not get caught up in it.

Yeah, I thought about the NBA splitting the entrance of those two new teams.

Though, it would be tough given that within a year or two you might have teams losing two players in the expansion draft(s) while other teams lose no one.

If you bring them in together yoju would have every team losing a player as the expansion draft probably requires 15 guys to be taken and you currently have 30 teams in the league.

On the other hand, I'm also curious to see what the rules will be.
Everyone's talking about the old rules(which Charlotte worked under 20 years ago) but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't take notice of the NHL rules and how it might help create better teams and even more buzz around them.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Yeah, I thought about the NBA splitting the entrance of those two new teams.

Though, it would be tough given that within a year or two you might have teams losing two players in the expansion draft(s) while other teams lose no one.

If you bring them in together yoju would have every team losing a player as the expansion draft probably requires 15 guys to be taken and you currently have 30 teams in the league.

On the other hand, I'm also curious to see what the rules will be.
Everyone's talking about the old rules(which Charlotte worked under 20 years ago) but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't take notice of the NHL rules and how it might help create better teams and even more buzz around them.
NBA though, has never been a major draft and develop league. If you hit on 2 picks in round 1, in a span of 3 years, that sets you up to add players around those 2 key players. Obviously helps when you can add solid players around them through the draft, but with the one and day of the draft these days, it takes time to develop the teens into top players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad