OT: Non-Hockey Sports Thread XII - Heeeeeeressss JJ! (Percy Harvin Edition)

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Couple questions for vikings fans:

Are you concerned about the defense? Three of the last four games with 29+ points against. No sacks tonight. 1 interception. 4 TD passes against.

Would this have been the moment that Darnold loses the starting job to McCarthy? He had a pretty solid day - 18/25 240 yards 2 TDs. At the end, he stood in the end zone for a long time before he was sacked. Yes, it was a facemask and it is absolutely outrageous they did not call it after all of the other penalties they did call. However, how can he sit there for that long and not get rid of the football? That cannot be how he is coached for that situation. They almost should have run the ball to get away from the goal line or have a quick hit pass. Some blame for Darnold and some blame for KOC.

Wild11MN

First round losers
Sponsor
May 28, 2013
MN
The season is likely over if Darrisaw can't come back.

Couple questions for vikings fans:

Are you concerned about the defense? Three of the last four games with 29+ points against. No sacks tonight. 1 interception. 4 TD passes against.

Would this have been the moment that Darnold loses the starting job to McCarthy? He had a pretty solid day - 18/25 240 yards 2 TDs. At the end, he stood in the end zone for a long time before he was sacked. Yes, it was a facemask and it is absolutely outrageous they did not call it after all of the other penalties they did call. However, how can he sit there for that long and not get rid of the football? That cannot be how he is coached for that situation. They almost should have run the ball to get away from the goal line or have a quick hit pass. Some blame for Darnold and some blame for KOC.

Yes.

I doubt it. I think they would have gone farther into the season. But I think the cries would be getting louder.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I only saw the 2nd half.

Outside of a couple of Jefferson catches MN didn't look good on either side of the ball.

The facemask no-call on the safety was atrocious. Some of the other penalties were weak.

I don't think Thurs games are worth much to evaluate a team.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I'm feeling a little nervous about tonight's game @ the Rams. Going to LA on a short week and facing Stafford who is getting both Kupp and Nacua back is going to be a tough task.

The game played out just as I feared it would.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
So after 7 games:

Vikings 5-2

Darnold 14 TDs and 5 INTs (damn, low on TDs by 2)

Definitely outside any realm of possibility.
I’ll take the L on that whole discussion hoss.

The vikings seem to be getting worse as the season goes on. That has to be concerning for vikings fans.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Next 3 are pretty easy. Colts, jaguars, titans should be a nice little 3-0 stretch. Knowing I said that, the packers will probably lose to the jags on Sunday lol
The Vikes faced one of the best teams in the NFL with the Lions, and the Rams are a good team were just missing some offensive weapons.

Couple that with the suspect calls against the Vikes (2-3 secondary penalties) and the facemask, that I don't know how in the world the refs didn't "have a good enough view" of... I think we did fine. I'm not panicking.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
The Vikes faced one of the best teams in the NFL with the Lions, and the Rams are a good team were just missing some offensive weapons.

Couple that with the suspect calls against the Vikes (2-3 secondary penalties) and the facemask, that I don't know how in the world the refs didn't "have a good enough view" of... I think we did fine. I'm not panicking.
Nacua was a breath of fresh air to my 2-5 fantasy team lol. Any word on why Hockenson didn’t play?

The screenshots on X of refs staring at the play are crazy. “We couldn’t see it” *eye roll*

Reactions: Victorious Secret

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad