OT: Non-Hockey Sports Thread XII - Heeeeeeressss JJ! (Percy Harvin Edition)

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
don't kill the dream.
I would never. Just enjoy listening to Purple Daily and that's what they have said. It's mostly true. Jones was out most of the season last year after a hamstring proplem in week 1. This year it sounds like it is the hamstring again. I trust the vikings to manage it well.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Did someone say the bears give off fluke vibes because of who their wins came against? I mean the Pack haven’t beaten anyone with a winning record. In fact all they’ve done is make it look hard to beat the worst teams in the league.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Did someone say the bears give off fluke vibes because of who their wins came against? I mean the Pack haven’t beaten anyone with a winning record. In fact all they’ve done is make it look hard to beat the worst teams in the league.
I remember your wild take that the vikings game showed who Love truly is. Love is just now finally returning to near 100% and they blew up the Cardinals. He is still wearing the brace as a safety precaution. 22-32 for 250+, 4 TDs, 119.5 passer rating, and an 81.3 QBR. That is who Love is to the non-ignorant.

The packers were a good kicker away from being 6-0, including 2 missed kicks while your vikings squandered a 28-0 gift lead because Love was in his first game back from injury and GB’s top two cornerbacks were out.

But I’m not fretting about that. It provided opportunities for rookies. Those CB injuries paved the way for Bullard to play slot and Williams to play safety next to McKinney. Nixon proved he can play outside #2. Edgerrin Cooper is a starting linebacker now over McDuffie, who the vikings picked on constantly in their game. The defense is coming together nicely.

It’s funny though, the vikings seem to have injury luck going their way in big games. McCaffrey out for SF. Love hobbling for GB. Now Hutchinson out for Detroit. That’s 50% of the total games played having the other team’s top impact player either out or nowhere close to 100%.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
I remember your wild take that the vikings game showed who Love truly is. Love is just now finally returning to near 100% and they blew up the Cardinals. He is still wearing the brace as a safety precaution. 22-32 for 250+, 4 TDs, 119.5 passer rating, and an 81.3 QBR. That is who Love is to the non-ignorant.

The packers were a good kicker away from being 6-0, including 2 missed kicks while your vikings squandered a 28-0 gift lead because Love was in his first game back from injury and GB’s top two cornerbacks were out.

But I’m not fretting about that. It provided opportunities for rookies. Those CB injuries paved the way for Bullard to play slot and Williams to play safety next to McKinney. Nixon proved he can play outside #2. Edgerrin Cooper is a starting linebacker now over McDuffie, who the vikings picked on constantly in their game. The defense is coming together nicely.

It’s funny though, the vikings seem to have injury luck going their way in big games. McCaffrey out for SF. Love hobbling for GB. Now Hutchinson out for Detroit. That’s 50% of the total games played having the other team’s top impact player either out or nowhere close to 100%.
This is massive butthurt ^^^^

Wabit

May 23, 2016

The entire NFC seems weird this year.

As a GB fan I don't know what to make of them this year. They haven't beat anyone of note. Their (former) kicker being garbage and losing QB1 for a couple of weeks has made it a bit of a disjointed season so far.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I like GB's D. If they can get consistent offensively, then they will be a threat to not only make the playoffs, but win a game or two. I am not sure how good, or healthy, Love is, but I think he is the best of the NFC north QB's. When in doubt, I always lean towards the team with a QB.

I do not like the way the Vikes have finished games, and the dream that Darnold is going to finally realize his potential is starting to wither, for me.

Great season for the NFC north so far, though.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I like GB's D. If they can get consistent offensively, then they will be a threat to not only make the playoffs, but win a game or two. I am not sure how good, or healthy, Love is, but I think he is the best of the NFC north QB's. When in doubt, I always lean towards the team with a QB.

I do not like the way the Vikes have finished games, and the dream that Darnold is going to finally realize his potential is starting to wither, for me.

Great season for the NFC north so far, though.
I expect the vikings to be either 1st or 2nd in the division. They have weapons at every offensive position and are consistently ahead in games. Their defense is top 5. Just a well rounded team.

With Detroit now without Hutchinson, I don’t think they are anywhere near as good. That dude wrecks games by himself. Their offense is good and they will likely make the playoffs.

Green Bay is figuring out. They started 2-5 last year and finished 7-3. They have a much better start for this year, despite the injury chaos, and a much better defensive scheme. Houston is a measuring stick game. Minnesota crushed them. If GB wins, they further their lead in the common opponent record when compared with Chicago. (GB 1-0 vs colts, Chicago 0-2 against colts and texans)

Chicago. Williams looks better with ever week. I’m just not buying on them yet. I think they are good, but playoff good? Not so sure about that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad