OT: Non-Hockey Sports Thread XII - Heeeeeeressss JJ! (Percy Harvin Edition)

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
They won, and that's all that matters. As mentioned, that 4th quarter drive to get a field goal and make it a 2 score came was huge, and a very good sign that they can smarten up and turn it on when they need to. KOC and Flores come away from that game with a learning experience, and will approach a big 4 score lead a little differently next time I think.

Reactions: BagHead

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Imagine what the brewers could do if they could add $200M worth of players to match what the mets spend…

Not much. The Brewers took a 2 hit shutout into the top of the 9th. Their all star closer blew the save. It happens.

I'm not a fan of the best of 3 series in the 1st round the MLB uses. Best of 5 or 7 games series are so much more entertaining.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Not much. The Brewers took a 2 hit shutout into the top of the 9th. Their all star closer blew the save. It happens.

I'm not a fan of the best of 3 series in the 1st round the MLB uses. Best of 5 or 7 games series are so much more entertaining.
My hate for the MLB will live on until they implement a hard cap system for a fair playing field.

The NHL doesn’t let Toronto and Montreal vastly outspend the rest of their league. The NFL doesn’t let Dallas vastly outspend the rest of their league. The NBA doesn’t let Golden State or the LA Lakers vastly outspend the rest of the league.

Every year I watch a little less baseball. This year it was basically one game. Maybe next year it will 0.

Reactions: MuckOG

Wabit

May 23, 2016
My hate for the MLB will live on until they implement a hard cap system for a fair playing field.

The NHL doesn’t let Toronto and Montreal vastly outspend the rest of their league. The NFL doesn’t let Dallas vastly outspend the rest of their league. The NBA doesn’t let Golden State or the LA Lakers vastly outspend the rest of the league.

Every year I watch a little less baseball. This year it was basically one game. Maybe next year it will 0.

So you've spent more time this year complaining about the league than watching it?

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
I mean the Yankees and Mets have spent billions in the last 20 years and only have 1 title to show for it. Mets are coming up on 40 years since their last title.

I used to think MLB needed a cap...until I realized Yankees have only won one title in the last 20 years.

Let them spend. I laugh every time the Yankees have the highest payroll and get knocked out of the post season, which is basically half my lifetime at this point.

This is why I am watching less of the MLB these days.

The new rules are getting out of control. Micromanagement is WAY out of control. Rocco is out of control.

I don't at all agree with expanding the PS to the point they're at.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
I think there's a decent mix of small market teams vs the big spenders this year. This just popped up on another platform

461927384_1055022752736475_2464152077820505794_n.jpg

And I really do hope the Yankees lose again. The tradition of watching them lose is like the highlight of the sseason for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad