OT: Non-Hockey Sports Thread XII - Heeeeeeressss JJ! (Percy Harvin Edition)

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
I finally saw a picture of the Nuss/Kloth team and you were right! My god, they look like a mother/daughter team. :laugh: I would have cheered like hell for them.
-Ok, you can go and play with them. But you're better be home for dinner at 5!

1723244120327.png

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Sweden win first set 21-10 in the beach volley final.
The german blocker is 6'11!

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
My assessment for the Vikings QBs:

Sam Darnold:
He looked like Kirk Cousins with a stronger arm and more questionable decision making. He was only in for the first series, so not much else to be said.

JJ McCarthy:
My initial impression was that he looked like Bambi in the pocket, which most 21 year olds would look like given the circumstances. I don’t know why that is… he’s not small (6’3” 219lbs). Slow feet maybe? He stood in the pocket when needed and appeared to have some feeling of where pressure was coming from. His interception was not great… BUT, to be fair, his running back was bulled over and the pressure was to him almost instantly. Jones would’ve eaten those defenders much better and give McCarthy an extra second or two. He still got the ball away. The throw just needed to be more high and outside for his receiver in tight coverage. Once he got that mistake out of the way, he was much better. He had an elite handoff to Nwangwu (I kid I kid). The TD throw to Jackson was right on the money. Who said he couldn’t throw to the left? The Sherfield TD pass wasn’t anything special, but it showed excellent ability to find the open receiver (not sure if he was read #1 or not) and hit him in stride. The Jefferson reactions were a nice touch to both TD passes.

Jaren Hall:
Cut this dude.

Is Nailr WR3?

Reactions: BagHead

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Nix throwing some dangerous passes and then an outside the pocket on the move absolute dot by the left sideline

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Other than the pick, I thought JJ looked pretty good in his first pre-season game. It took him a few snaps to get used to the NFL speed, but not much to complain about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad